• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KFLX is stunting

This is interesting from the news feed on R-I.

Greenax Broadcasting’s adult top 40 KFLX (The New 92.5 The Canyon) Chino Valley/Flagstaff, Ariz., is stunting by playing some songs… backward. A message, meanwhile, teases on-air, “Tune in Friday morning at 9:25.” OM/PD Dan “Kennedy” Baisden tells Radio-Info.com that a red button was installed Wednesday morning in the studio with a warning note that says not to press until Friday morning. Stand by for e-r-o-m, uh, more.

My guess is either Oldies since there isn't an oldies station anymore after KKLD switched to Classic Hits or Sports Talk since there is no sports talk stations in Flagstaff or Prescott.

...I'll add that I did finally hear them play what I think was most of a song backwards.

Also, their levels are all over the place, from spot to spot and from song to song and sweeper to sweeper. I'm guessing their engineer goes a little crazy trying to set levels into their processor! The stream is apparently being fed dry off the board which is "allowing" me to hear one song come blasting through, the next so quiet I have to turn it up... maybe they're setting levels based on RMS? I have no idea, but if they need somebody to go through their library and set everything to a constant reference level, I'd be happy to do it for them.mm 8)

KFLX 92.5 / 104.1 Chino Valley / Flagstaff
The New Rewind 92 Five and 104 One - - 80's and more is how they ID it, now.
Good stuff listening to the switch-over in formats. More power to them... ;)

"Music that makes you feel good... The New REWIND 92 Five / 104 One" 8)

8) I say that must mean we should pull out our sunglasses and wear them at night? Good choice, they are on in Chicago and Cincinati too.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom