• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KFI drops the buzz!

I've been posting and taking part in this forum for over 7 years and you are the rudest and most pompous person who has ever posted here, why don't you think before you post and offend people, obviously not everyone here has your towering intellect. You owe that man an apology.

I think I speak for many of the longer-term participants in this group in echoing something else that Kelly posted recently: those who do not know will be well received and well treated if they ask questions rather than posting ill-formed opinions which are devoid of facts.

Kelly is one of America's best broadcast engineers. He has patiently posted answers and corrections on a number of these sections. But at some point one gets ground down by the snappy but ignorant comebacks. Kelly mentioned the case of Buzz Aldrin, who, after being confronted by one to many lunar landing denialists smacked one of them.

Well Kelly and K.M

I have Learning Disable, Can form words that great or a sentence ..Ans I don't know the in's & out's of Radio, I'm a DXer & a Listener

Mario, are you able to use Google? (I ask since I do not know the extent of your learning disability.) If so, the best suggestion I can make would be ... before making a statement like the one you made, Google the subject. That link I gave you was included in a Google search on "HD Radio transmitter". You will learn a lot that way, and it is obvious that you would like to become better informed or you wouldn't be here.

If after reading articles on a subject anything still is unclear, then feel free to ask us specific questions. If we know you're making an effort to learn, we'll do our best to answer you.

What do you think of that idea?

I've been posting and taking part in this forum for over 7 years and you are the rudest and most pompous person who has ever posted here, why don't you think before you post and offend people, obviously not everyone here has your towering intellect. You owe that man an apology.

I'm not sure if you were talking to me, Kelly, or both of us, but until Mario told us he has a learning disability, how were we to know? All we saw was a statement phrased as fact which was totally wrong.

You can't deliberately offend someone if you don't know you're offending them.

I think I speak for many of the longer-term participants in this group in echoing something else that Kelly posted recently: those who do not know will be well received and well treated if they ask questions rather than posting ill-formed opinions which are devoid of facts.

Kelly is one of America's best broadcast engineers. He has patiently posted answers and corrections on a number of these sections. But at some point one gets ground down by the snappy but ignorant comebacks. Kelly mentioned the case of Buzz Aldrin, who, after being confronted by one to many lunar landing denialists smacked one of them.

That's always been the case. I come here often with questions and have always received an answer. I come here to learn, offer some facts only when I know them to be true, and I'm fine with being corrected when something isn't right. I'll state an opinion labelling it as such. I've really enjoyed the postings on KOL Audio Pilot in the Seattle board. I've learned a lot there and my respect for Kelly really grew reading his responses...not that it wasn't high to begin with.

Mario, are you able to use Google? (I ask since I do not know the extent of your learning disability.) If so, the best suggestion I can make would be ... before making a statement like the one you made, Google the subject. That link I gave you was included in a Google search on "HD Radio transmitter". You will learn a lot that way, and it is obvious that you would like to become better informed or you wouldn't be here.

If after reading articles on a subject anything still is unclear, then feel free to ask us specific questions. If we know you're making an effort to learn, we'll do our best to answer you.

What do you think of that idea?

I'm not sure if you were talking to me, Kelly, or both of us, but until Mario told us he has a learning disability, how were we to know? All we saw was a statement phrased as fact which was totally wrong.

You can't deliberately offend someone if you don't know you're offending them.

I will just ask questions & learn, Yeah I know how to use google

That's always been the case. I come here often with questions and have always received an answer. I come here to learn, offer some facts only when I know them to be true, and I'm fine with being corrected when something isn't right. I'll state an opinion labelling it as such. I've really enjoyed the postings on KOL Audio Pilot in the Seattle board. I've learned a lot there and my respect for Kelly really grew reading his responses...not that it wasn't high to begin with.

Kelly:
"I don't think Mr. Richards would only be shaking his head about your lack of HD Radio knowledge, but also your spelling and sentence structure."

Mario's spelling and sentence structure were attacked which is obviously outside of the scope of this forum and it was done to put him down, nothing to do with his queries. Kelley likes to attack perceived personal failings when people disagree with him. I've been on the receiving end of it in the past also. I don't care if he is the grand poobah of radio, leave out the personal attacks and insults.

Last edited:
Kelly:
Mario's spelling and sentence structure were attacked which is obviously outside of the scope of this forum and it was done to put him down, nothing to do with his queries. Kelley likes to attack perceived personal failings when people disagree with him. I've been on the receiving end of it in the past also. I don't care if he is the grand poobah of radio, leave out the personal attacks and insults.

Mario's post was confusing to the point of not being understandable. Until Kelly posted, I was going to respond in much the same manner. Of course, now we know that Mario is participating with a handicap and so we will make a future effort to be both forgiving and understanding while we try to answer his questions.

As another person who does not suffer fools gladly, I fully empathize with Kelly when he reaches the limits of patience and tolerance with a particularly obtuse or ill-informed poster. You might want to examine why Kelly responded to you as you say he did.

I should have read up on Google about it, I didn't mean to upset Kelly or anyone here

Also it doesn't matter if someones in the Radio Biz for 50 years, Don't be rude to people

The only time I know 100% if HD is off at KFI, See if they dismantle there HD & HD Transmitter

Then I know it's really off, Same with WLW

I don't know about anyone else here but this post was crystal clear to me, when they heave the krap out of the building the HD is finally and permanently off.

I should have read up on Google about it, I didn't mean to upset Kelly or anyone here

Also it doesn't matter if someones in the Radio Biz for 50 years, Don't be rude to people

Rest assured you didn't upset me Mario. As mentioned already, until you said something I too was unaware you weren't able to articulate your point that I could understand. I apologize for offending you. As Mr. Richards already mentioned, a little research can go a long way. If for whatever reason after you know how HD radio works you still don't care for it, fair enough. At least your opinion is founded on some facts going in.

As for KB10KL, other than refuting some technical inaccuracies you've attempted to spread in the past, I don't recall being critical of you or your sentence structure or grammar (maybe spelling). Mostly just general non-technical "Ibuzz" "heave the krap out of the building" curmudgeon-style comments.

As for KB10KL, other than refuting some technical inaccuracies you've attempted to spread in the past, I don't recall being critical of you or your sentence structure or grammar (maybe spelling). Mostly just general non-technical "Ibuzz" "heave the krap out of the building" curmudgeon-style comments.

I don't mind being corrected on technical points, I am not an engineer however it is the personal attacks I don't like such as accusing me of never having been out of the country some months back. Personal attacks that have no relation to the point at hand have no place here in my opinion. I have joked in the past when people leave themselves open but I try not to be personal.
Incidentally iblock is my favorite term although I have used ibuzz in the past, but actually I think iwhoosh or iroar would perhaps be the most accurate terms to use to describe what AM IBOC does to it's adjacents.

Last edited:
Well getting back to the KFI thing

When all the HD stuff get moved then I will know there not in HD anymore

The HD equipment is likely going to be left right where it is. It is very small in size, and it's more work than it is worth to move it.

And since the order to turn it off likely came from corporate, nobody knows if they might change their minds or are waiting for a some update to the AM HD system. So better to leave it alone.

I know of a station that had C-Quam inline (in pass through mode) for a decade after it quit actually using AM Stereo. It was just simpler to leave it in place. Eventually, a rack rewiring resulted in the removal of the unit.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom