• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KEZX VS THE BULLDOZER

Was in North Seattle today and noticed the building that housed KEZX for many years (during its reign as "Oceans of Beautiful Music") is slated to be bulldozed and replaced with condos/apartments. One more footnote in Seattle radio history. (As I recall ... they moved from there into the building where National School of Broadcast was located on 4th Ave).

LBB, was this the building over near Stone Way in the Wallingford area? Or am I thinking of another station? I remember interviewing for part-time there either while still in high school, or perhaps a year or two later.

I lived nearby there for a few years....Just COUNT the Volvos in the parking lot!

searadiofreak said:
LBB, was this the building over near Stone Way in the Wallingford area? Or am I thinking of another station? I remember interviewing for part-time there either while still in high school, or perhaps a year or two later.
That's the one!

LITTLEBOYBLUE said:
Was in North Seattle today and noticed the building that housed KEZX for many years (during its reign as "Oceans of Beautiful Music") is slated to be bulldozed and replaced with condos/apartments. One more footnote in Seattle radio history. (As I recall ... they moved from there into the building where National School of Broadcast was located on 4th Ave).

Must have been a later incarnation. They were using that slogan in the early '70s, when they were mainly an SCA-background music station. Their studios were in the South end of the Edgewater Hotel... somewhere around where the laundry is now, I think.

Grounded Grid said:
LITTLEBOYBLUE said:

Must have been a later incarnation. They were using that slogan in the early '70s, when they were mainly an SCA-background music station. Their studios were in the South end of the Edgewater Hotel... somewhere around where the laundry is now, I think.

They were here "On the North Shore of Lake Union" during the '80s......

thats sad. maybe we should all do a tribute to kezx sometime. i remember growing up listening to them in the late 80's and even into the early 90's when they changed to kwjz and old recording my parents had done from the 80's. i myself wanted to look at the building but of course never having been around in that neighborhood in my lifetime so far. time for a tribute

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom