• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KEMO comes full circle!

Just saw a call letter change for a local TV station, KFTY/Santa Rosa. New calls are KEMO. Formerly assigned to the current KOFY. Any memories of this station?

bobgowa said:
Just saw a call letter change for a local TV station, KFTY/Santa Rosa. New calls are KEMO. Formerly assigned to the current KOFY. Any memories of this station?

Bozo the clown, Speed Racer and in the very early 70's. It was a genberal entertainment station for short while before shutting down before being sold to Leon Crosby who took it in a Spanish Language/ hodge podge.

bobgowa said:

KEMO was to be part of the Overmeyer Network, of course (see the Overmeyer entry in Wikipedia), but Overmeyer was defunct before KEMO went on the air. I remember KEMO signing on and all the male on-air staff wearing white shirts, ties, and bright red blazers. On I think the first day, they took the viewers on a tour of the station, showing equipment such as the switcher, cameras, etc. I don't remember anything about the programming except the "adults only" movie which consisted of adult-themed movies (not risque by any stretch).

Some months later I tuned in and an on-air host was still wearing a red blazer, but it looked a bit frayed.

After that Leon Crosby took over and made it multilingual and showed all night movies and whatnot.

I remember the old Highway Patrol program of the 1950' with Broderick Crawford (Mr. "2150") on "KEMO" and a lot of old 1940'
movies. Don't forget Leon Heskett owner of Hesketts carpet coliseum hosting the all night movies and remember Shock it to me theater?

Did Ron Lyons do the "imaging" for KEMO-TV-20?

Michael Rivers Kramer said:
bobgowa said:

Bozo the clown, Speed Racer and in the very early 70's. It was a genberal entertainment station for short while before shutting down before being sold to Leon Crosby who took it in a Spanish Language/ hodge podge.
New owner of the New KEMO-50 is Terry Crosby, the son of Leon Crosby, so it is more than a coincidence.

Madmansam said:
Michael Rivers Kramer said:
bobgowa said:

New owner of the New KEMO-50 is Terry Crosby, the son of Leon Crosby, so it is more than a coincidence.

But the station runs "Me-TV"... wouldn't KMEO have made more sense? ;)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom