• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Kelly Kibler, Don Davis, Dan O'Malley and Alfie Coy - OUT at iHeart

My take:

I think iHM is looking to reduce management headcount in general and also looking to place its highest performers in its most important regions.

Mr. Corvino is now responsible for a significantly larger pool of assets than was the case in Detroit, where 4 of 5 FMs are in darn good shape (and even the laggard probably isn't performing all that badly).

If 93.3 doesn't go active rock, then Catlin needs to be fired. lol.

View attachment 3547

I mean, COME ON!
What would more money for Cumulus? A Top 40 that exists as cluster combo buy with their Country stations to help keep KHKS-FM down in the money demos or something whose demos are completely overlapped with the Ticket? Potential format holes and cluster sales demo holes are not always the same.

Disappointed in what they're flipping to, or disappointed there won't be a change at all?
If I had to guess the latter. Early in this thread there were the sports talk rumors. If I had to guess, they’ll plug in sports talk hosts to fill vacant hole. But, it would be beyond foolish for 97.1 to flip. Literally, I feel like I can go in there myself and fix the issues. Where can I apply?

If I had to guess the latter. Early in this thread there were the sports talk rumors. If I had to guess, they’ll plug in sports talk hosts to fill vacant hole. But, it would be beyond foolish for 97.1 to flip. Literally, I feel like I can go in there myself and fix the issues. Where can I apply?
I tend to agree. Bad radio has nine lives in this market.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom