• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KDKA - 93.7 The Fan - Streaming Pirates Games

I wanted to see if anyone is listening to Pirates games via 93.7 The Fan’s stream or the Audacy app. MLB flagship stations being able to stream games in their home region is a somewhat recent occurrence. The Columbus area is within the Pirates territory (i.e. the games are available on TV via AT&T Sportsnet).

I have noticed throughout Columbus and the central Ohio area I can listen to the games via the Fan stream and Audacy app if I am on any various WiFi network. However, if I connect when on a cellular connection anywhere in Columbus, the game does not come on - you instead hear default CBS / Audacy national sports programming. Then if I press “stop“ on the app and reconnect to any WiFi network, press “play” on the app, the game play-by-play comes on again.

I am curious if someone in Pittsburgh / Allegheny County experiences the same condition or if the situation over here is an error in the Audacy geolocation stream on cellular. I also sent an email to KDKA last week but have not heard back.

Hmm. Well I don't use the Audacy app. I figured KDKA wouldn't respond. I originally emailed KDKA for a station tour but haven't heard back. I wish there were more Pads on this website so they can anwser your question.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom