• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KCOH: Past & Present, One in the Same Tonight

P

purpledevil

It's a tale of two signals, KCOH's former home at 1430 is currently off the air this evening. I'm getting sports from KTBZ Tulsa this evening, fair signal. This is the 1st time I have found 1430 off the air since La Promesa acquired the signal from KCOH.

...and continuing down the whirl of the dial, I see that the new home of KCOH is faring no better this evening. 1230's volume is waaaaay down, so much so that the continuous hum that's always underneath 1230's audio, is actually louder than the programming itself. I've been hearing more and more audio problems plaguing KCOH recently. It has almost gotten as bad as it was when they occupied 1430 those last couple of years. Hate to hear this, doesn't appear to be a good sign for the legacy station. Any word if they are struggling financially after the acquisition by Ben Hall? Is he too preoccupied with his candidacy, and not paying enough attention to KCOH?

At a few checks I've made of KCOH during night/twilight hours, the audio is often low, but more notable is that the transmitter appears to be quite a bit off frequency. There is a definite heterodyne, may 400 to 500 Hz as the carrier beats against everything else on 1230. Keep in mind Liberman still owns the transmitter (as well as the actual license) so they are the quilty party. And given Liberman's financial woes, they may not have the $$$ to fix things.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom