• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KARL (or is it CARL?) Hampton

I haven't heard him on DG during afternoons (EST) the past week or two. Is he on vacation? Or parted ways? I do hear his ads for CruiseShip Adventures. Just wondering. He's one of the best on the air.

Carl was out due to a death in his family. According to the Adult Standards jock schedule, he'll be back on the air on Monday.

amlover said:
Karl is wonderful and so his his dad Chuck Southcott.

Glad he's back,
I didn't know he was Chuck's son!!! Speaking of Chuck, I remember back in late 70s and early 80s he did a show on Armed Forces Radio called "Musical"; featuring big-bands and show tunes. I used to hear it on the Alaskan Forecs Network when I was stationed up there...It was a great show. And of course AFRN used to carry Check Cecils' "Swinging Years"..but that's another topic.

Karl and I have emailed in the past, he's a really great guy. As for his Dad, his voice and delivery is very impressive, a real pro.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom