• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Just picked up a Sangean HDR-15

Glad you like it! I have a -16 and an -18, and they’re good radios, too. What do you think of the sound? Will the alarm let you set it to turn on to an HD sub-channel, rather than just the primary? How’s the display at night?

Is there anything you guys think I should look out for at night? Location is about 20 minutes north of Downtown Ft Worth

Hmmm.... Its been several years since I've DXed in North Texas, but a few that might be worth a try on the AM band....

540: You might want to see if you can pull in CBK instead of XEW.
670: WSCR used to be fairly easy in the Metroplex, before Cuba ramped up R. Rebelde on this channel
710: KCMO from Kansas City sends its nighttime 5kw up and down I-35. It's another example of a regular that now may be getting trashed by the Cubans.
860: Can CJBC make it to Fort Worth?
990: Ditto for CBW
1070: Ditto for KNX

Hope this is the sort of feedback you're looking for. Happy hunting!

Hmmm.... Its been several years since I've DXed in North Texas, but a few that might be worth a try on the AM band....

540: You might want to see if you can pull in CBK instead of XEW.
670: WSCR used to be fairly easy in the Metroplex, before Cuba ramped up R. Rebelde on this channel
710: KCMO from Kansas City sends its nighttime 5kw up and down I-35. It's another example of a regular that now may be getting trashed by the Cubans.
860: Can CJBC make it to Fort Worth?
990: Ditto for CBW
1070: Ditto for KNX

Hope this is the sort of feedback you're looking for. Happy hunting!

KNX should be doable if you null Wichita. Good luck with the radio.

WSCR is doable sometimes down here. WGN and WBBM (the strongest signal) I get too. KCMO is usually a visitor at night. 740 is usually a fight between KRMG and KTRH. WHO comes in well, as does KOA, WWL and KFAB. 1170 (I forget the call letters) is a monster at night. 550 KTRS is reliable as well as 610 airing a sports format.

WSCR is doable sometimes down here. WGN and WBBM (the strongest signal) I get too. KCMO is usually a visitor at night. 740 is usually a fight between KRMG and KTRH. WHO comes in well, as does KOA, WWL and KFAB. 1170 (I forget the call letters) is a monster at night. 550 KTRS is reliable as well as 610 airing a sports format.

I'm guessing your 1170 is KFAQ Tulsa.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom