• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Just out of curiosity

Would it make sence to move 106.9 KHPT to 107.1??

Would it affect spacing issues?

Would it cover Houston more if it were on 107.1 instead?

From the current Splendora tower KHPT on 107.1 would be short-spaced to co-channel KLZT in the Austin market.
Even KHPT were to power down and try to move closer, I'd assume KGLK would be on the way.
Would it make sence to move 106.9 KHPT to 107.1??
Why would anyone want to mess with something that is working? The 107.5 and 106.9 simulcast works because they cover the suburbs extremely well. And guess what kind of music appeals to suburban dwellers? Attempting to move either station closer would probably just hurt The Eagle.

I would maybe revisit this down the road when the demographics have changed enough (that is if terrestrial radio is still relevant by then). The gentrification of Houston is causing lots of changes.

Why would anyone want to mess with something that is working? The 107.5 and 106.9 simulcast works because they cover the suburbs extremely well. And guess what kind of music appeals to suburban dwellers? Attempting to move either station closer would probably just hurt The Eagle.

I would maybe revisit this down the road when the demographics have changed enough (that is if terrestrial radio is still relevant by then).
A future relaxation of the second/third adjacent spacing rules (as was done in Mexico) would result in a lot of transmitter sites being moved around. That would probably result in splitting the current simulcast.

Eventually the Classic Rock format will age out and changes will be happen, though I have no idea of what would come next. Fun to speculate.

Back
Top Bottom