• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Julie Devereaux to WMEX

Update on ex WBOQ brokered host Dana McIntyre: two years jail for Covid relief fraud and must pay over $600k restitution

Update on ex WBOQ brokered host Dana McIntyre: two years jail for Covid relief fraud and must pay over $600k restitution
And why is this news item in the "Julie Devereaux to WMEX" thread?

I was mentioning earlier in this thread about how WBOQ got rid of the Beverly guy after accusations of fraud and wanted to update people on fact that he was sentenced. He was said to be trying to buy time on a Vermont station using his ill-gotten gains. McIntyre got over 600k for covid relief aid and spent it on
setting up a business, trying to buy radio time and personal possesions. Now he'll have to serve time plus make restitution.

He'd done the crypto show plus a Sunday classic rock show on the station which wound up going K-Love later.

I was mentioning earlier in this thread about how WBOQ got rid of the Beverly guy after accusations of fraud and wanted to update people on fact that he was sentenced. He was said to be trying to buy time on a Vermont station using his ill-gotten gains. McIntyre got over 600k for covid relief aid and spent it on
setting up a business, trying to buy radio time and personal possesions. Now he'll have to serve time plus make restitution.

He'd done the crypto show plus a Sunday classic rock show on the station which wound up going K-Love later.
Thank you, RaccoonerMan.

Obviously, I like "everything in its place", or, at least, with some context for someone like myself who drops in on a thread because of its title, only to find an item, such as your update, to bear little resemblance to the title.

Please remember that there are more than a few of us who are "outsiders" wrt the radio industry, but nevertheless love radio, and see its present state as having fallen far from its glory days. An "insider" will tell us this is the reality of the business today, and to stop living in the past. Not helpful.

Hearing that a 1 pm announcement on WMEX 1510 said Julie Devereaux ex WROR will take the 2-6 pm time slot as "Your Friend" Ben Rabinovitz moves more into management
The station sounded really good when it first re-launched. Now the programing is all over the place. They need to replace a couple of their jocks.

Back
Top Bottom