• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Judge Sides With Cumulus In Cadillac Jack Discrimination Suit

It's been a while. What were his ratings compared to The Bull's morning show ? Cumulus might have been looking for a way to get rid of him cheaply.

IMHO : As long as his personal choices and actions were legal, and the ratings were not affected he should have been paid out his contract. Getting drunk is not professional, but Country music has more than a few songs that mention the consumption of alcohol. I know of a radio person* that got drunk and did a really stupid thing. He (or She) asked for forgiveness and started going to AA. Still on the air.

Personally I was at a station where the new manager wanted me gone. I had a contract. I settled for 50% of the remaining money rather that go to court. BTW is was a whole lot less money than Cadillac's. Getting fired is a part of the business. I once was fired so the station owner could hire his girlfriend.

* Not in the Atlanta, but in top 30 market.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom