• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Johnny Cash station (internet)

Mid West Clubber said:
Thats in direct violation of the DMCA rules

But if his estate owns the rights to his music they can get past that I would think? I don't know if that is true or not but it would be retarded that the guys own legal heirs couldn't play his music as they wish.

OH YOU mean Johhny Cash Affiliates are owning the station,.. thats probably different

I'm not sure how the legalities work, but I know there are some other "artist" stations.

TheX-KXRX said:
But if his estate owns the rights to his music they can get past that I would think? I don't know if that is true or not but it would be retarded that the guys own legal heirs couldn't play his music as they wish.

That assumes the estate has 100% ownership in the entire composition, music, lyrics and performance. If not, then all parties must approve etc. blah blah blah.

I was reading and I guess the RIAA will make special provisions and waive the DMCA stuff in certain very special circumstances and I assume such a case might fall into that category....

The DMCA's playback restrictions do nothing to prevent pirating of music I mean if the RIAA is so concerned about music being stolen and pirated why don't they have a zillion cases in court against YouTube...

Other than direct downloading an MP3 file YouTube is the singular easiest way to get individual song titles these days... There are a dozen programs on the Internet that convert any Youtube FLV file to a very playable MP3 audio file...

And so far YouTube has done nothing to prevent it because if they do they can't allow their video files to be embedded...

The Internet Radio Broadcasters get a very bad reputation and it is sorry to see because most of us work hard providing free form radio for next to zero return simply because we love to do it...

I remember back before all this BS came about when we used to be able to stream online free of charge, except for bandwidth,, and I think 2005 I think it was, they deamed all internet stations not paying royalties as criminals.. I finally gave in and paid up for licesing,, and im not making a cent, if anything the labels and royalties should be paying us for exposing their music. At least make exceptions for broadcasts under 64k that arent considered on par Sound Quality.

Mid West Clubber said:
I remember back before all this BS came about when we used to be able to stream online free of charge, except for bandwidth,, and I think 2005 I think it was, they deamed all internet stations not paying royalties as criminals.. I finally gave in and paid up for licesing,, and im not making a cent, if anything the labels and royalties should be paying us for exposing their music. At least make exceptions for broadcasts under 64k that arent considered on par Sound Quality.

I think if they stick with the $100 per year for stations who are non-commercial and do not make a profit... I can live with that, but if they insist on the per play fee structure for non-commercial stations they are simply going to create a whole bunch of pirate radio stations....

here's a different take..if there are SO many people that want to hear Johnny Cash...or anyone else..then let the listener send the money in..not the webcaster....... :eek:

here's a different take..if there are SO many people that want to hear Johnny Cash...or anyone else..then let the listener send the money in..not the webcaster....... :eek:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom