• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Jim Zippo on KLUV mornings

He's filling in for the morning show this morning. Is this live or is he one hell of a voice tracker? I thought he had the other gig on the oldies network. It definitely sounds live to me.

Hi I think that jim Zippo is filling in on the morning show untill Jody comes back also I hope that Jim Zippo does the midday show and Debbie Douglas does the night show we will see what happens in 2015?

He is now on the Cumulus Classic Hits network.....(the Good Times Oldies did not work out as planned)....But Jim does a great show VT'ed or not...he may have had the day off on Cumulus...or VT'ed that show (VT a sat show??? Yeah that could work)

From what I understand, Cumulus doesn't prohibit its network employees from working at other stations in the Dallas/Ft. Worth market unless their satellite program is carried there. CBS, however, seemed to have an issue with it when the GTO network was announced, or at least that was implication after John Summers was cut.

Zippo was offered a promotion to move from part-time on GTO to full-time on the Classic Hits format. My understanding is that GTO is still running, but Zippo is no longer involved with that format.

R

I hope that in 2015 that Jim Does the midday show and debbie does the night show Jim is doing an great job filling in for Jody mabey they will keep him on the moring show in 2015 we will see what happens?

Hubby Jim Zippo and John Summers both were slated originally on WW1/GTO. Both grabbed the opportunity for f/t to do their shows on WW1's Classic Hits format which had double the affiliates. GTO is still doing well, but was just a little slower in growing and getting implemented. WW1 programming wanted to better utilize Jim and John's talents for the larger audience base.

Jim was live on KLUV when he filled in for mornings during the holidays. He went into WW1 around 12mid-1am each day to track his WW1 morning show for that time period only (with permission.) So by 9am every morning he had already completed 8 hours of morning shows combined. Normally he is live everyday on WW1, but taking into account that his WW1 morning show starts at 4am for the east coast, going in a couple of hours early during the holidays wasn't that big of a deal.

Jim normally tracks his 7p-12mid KLUV show every day following doing his live WW1 morning show. He's used to banging 'em out every day. For anyone who knows Jim, they know that even a tracked show for Jim is fully produced, and very rich in content. He's not capable of phoning a show in, it goes against his very nature. He still does Sat and Sun live shows on KLUV, too. Hope that answers any questions. :)

Jim Zippo
Is no longer doing his night show on kluv Debbie Douglas is now doing the night show and Jim Zippo is doing Saturdays and Sundays on kluv only?

Jim is still doing the night show M-F 7p-12mid and weekends on KLUV!!! Debbie just fills in for Jim when he is filling in for another day part. There often were times in the past when Jim would fill in for am drive, middays or even pm drive AND also still do his night show. But when doing WW1 mornings, two shifts on KLUV in one day was just too much. WW1 GTO had all jocks doing 8 hour shows (3 jocks - all part timers), so it wasn't uncommon for Jim to go in to do his 8 hour morning show, ZIP over to KLUV to fill in for a 5 hour midday show and then track his 5 hour night KLUV show. That's 18 hours of on air work in a single day! I never saw him it seemed like! Crazy as it sounds, Jim's voice never faltered. It actually strengthened the 'ol pipes! But again, thankfully he's not having to keep up that kind of schedule now. His WW1 Classic Hits show is a 5 hour show and is a full time gig. Jim loves being on KLUV additionally and doesn't have any reason to leave it at this point, Lord willing. Hope you (unregistered) don't know anything we don't know! ;)

Wow, I was totally wrong. Jim just found out KLUV is making a couple of changes. Apparently, Jim will have a stronger LIVE weekend presence (live and local weekends are coming back) so that's where you can hear him instead of nights.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom