• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Jim Webb, call your office

J

Johnny Morgan

From a new fundraising email for his PAC, "Born Fighting":

As I have said before, President Bush has taken us recklessly into war and ignored the advice of our military experts. I have spoken of the terrible costs of this war: to our economy; to our nation's reputation; to the real war on terrorism; and, above all, in the precious blood of our fighting men and women. I have called on the President to change this course and move forward in a new direction.

Jim Webb voted to confirm Lt. Gen. David Petraeus as the big cheese in charge in Iraq. Petraeus supports the Surge.

So, Webb supports the same experts who are giving the President the advice that Webb says the President ignored, but in fact the President is following and Webb disagrees with.

This is what passes for logic in the new Democratic Congress. Perhaps Webb should have stayed a Republican--his logic would have been much clearer...or at least, less insane.

It's perfectly logical. Democrats feel they can beat Republicans so long as the Iraq war continues. So the Democrats speak out against the war and rant on and on and on. Then when it comes to funding the war, they don't miss a beat - they approve the money. Like so many other issues such as race relations, Medicare going broke, Immigration problems, energy independence and the like; Democrats are only interested in prolonging political issues, not in providing any permanent solutions.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom