• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Jeff and Jer and 106.5 or 102.9?

There was some mention on SDRadio.net about Jerry making a visit over to the Univision owned stations at 1 America Plaza.

I'm not aware of these stations being for sale or anything.
What's that all about?

Probably the least popular station, which is difficult to say without the PPM readings. I would guess 102.9 if Jeff and Jer did go to Univision. I think La Nueva (106.5) has a pretty big audience or did in the Arbitron book.

If Univision doesnt start encoding their stations, Jeff and Jer would be a smart move. Instead of using PPM ratings to sell air-time to clients they'd just use Jeff and Jer's heritage.

Hmmm. Wonder if J&J can speak affluent Espanol.

Or Univision could flip one station to English-language adult hits,
likely 102.9.

Purely my own opinion, but I can't see the Big U either flipping these channels to English or selling them off. Unlike some broadcasters, they actually feel they have a duty to serve their listeners!

-- Doc

I would HIGHLY doubt that... besides their 2 stations aren't doing too hot...

I could see some logic in 106.5 and 102.9 being weaker links in an American market saturated by Spanish language border blasters, but David Eduardo would need to shed some light on this one way or another.

That said, I WILL DANCE IN MY LIVING ROOM AND PARTY if one or both of these stations are sold to English/non-religious owners or flipped to an Englsih/non-religious format. That comes from the board op who worked both of these stations simultaneously before Jacor gave them up to Heftel. I hope Jeff and Jer buys or LMAs one or both of them! Nothing would make me happier to find out that KS103 or Q106 was back on the air with Jeff and Jer on the air.

But it almost seems to good to be true, so for now, I consider this one a dud until reported otherwise (and yes, I know I'm the one who brough it up)

the two Univision stations bill more than probably the rest of the
Spanish language stations in the market combined. I would find it rather unlikely that they would change from their Spanish language roots, or that they would ever consider DSC or JnJ and so on....

Garrett said:
I could see some logic in 106.5 and 102.9 being weaker links in an American market saturated by Spanish language border blasters, but David Eduardo would need to shed some light on this one way or another.

That said, I WILL DANCE IN MY LIVING ROOM AND PARTY if one or both of these stations are sold to English/non-religious owners or flipped to an Englsih/non-religious format. That comes from the board op who worked both of these stations simultaneously before Jacor gave them up to Heftel. I hope Jeff and Jer buys or LMAs one or both of them! Nothing would make me happier to find out that KS103 or Q106 was back on the air with Jeff and Jer on the air.

But it almost seems to good to be true, so for now, I consider this one a dud until reported otherwise (and yes, I know I'm the one who brough it up)
that would be a dream come true..San Diego's Music Power KS103!!memories..now all we need on that station is Captain fogal!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom