• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Jackson County Broadcasting acquires Waverly Stations.

"Jackson County Broadcasting will acquire Crystal Communications’ Corp.’s Country “100.9 Cash-FM” WXIZ and Southern Gospel 660 WXIC/95.9 W240DZ Waverly and Piketon Communications’ CHR “Q100” 100.1 WXZQ Piketon. The deal includes the land where WXIC and WXIZ’s towers are located."

I wonder what this means for the local content on WXIC AM 660/95.9 W240DZ - WXIC still runs live and local announcers during the day time hours on the AM Southern Gospel format. 100.9 Cash FM and Q100 are both "satellite" format.

The purchase was approved by the FCC and WXIC, WXIZ and WXZQ are all now under the control of Jackson County Broadcasting (DBA. Total Media). The biggest change is now all 3 Waverly stations are web streaming and 100.9 WXIZ is simulcasting Pure Rock 98.7's coverage of Ohio State Football.

First format change in Waverly is coming according to Radio Insight

Total Media already killing off formats down there. Not shocked I wonder if they will flip this to “Pure Rock” like it's sister 98.7 and 105.5 (They flipped 105.5 in Athens from a long time HotAC format after taking over and put Pure Rock on it) It would not shock me if they did this to 100.9 – When Total Media took over in the fall, they simulcasted Ohio State football on 100.9 with 98.7.

Depends on your definition of what JJ Hale means when he says he's "bringing a fresh, new, legendary sound to Pike and Ross County."
How "legendary" will it be?:unsure: Just over 3 hours until the reveal! [As of this post]

Listen Live player: WXIZ

Direct streaming address: https://ice26.securenetsystems.net/WXIZ

Edit - 3:27 AM ET Mon. 2/5: playing classic rock songs with "Rock" in the title.

Last edited:
Call me impressed - Hank did a "live broadcast" this past weekend from the Dogwood Festival in Piketon! they broadcasted live on Friday evening 4pm-7pm and even aired a portion of the opening ceremonies on Hank!

Kudos to Total Media "trying" to be more than just a computer in a closet.

Back
Top Bottom