• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Jack ratings

O

OldiesCat

Jack in Denver seems to get dissed a lot but in the Ft Collins book released today, they've gone from below a 2 share to nearly a 6 (12+) in less than a year. Their 25-54 is even more impressive- top 3 in the market.

Kansas City- up 30% from winter.

Indy numbers soared for Jack, where they showed big-time 25-54 AND 18-34 (their
12+ was flat, obviously deceiving).

SOMEBODY seems to like Jack.

> Jack in Denver seems to get dissed a lot but in the Ft
> Collins book released today, they've gone from below a 2
> share to nearly a 6 (12+) in less than a year. Their 25-54
> is even more impressive- top 3 in the market.

KJAC rimshots Denver (and thus not a good signal metrowide), so the lower ratings there may be somewhat deceiving. I'd like to see how it would do it were on a strong city signal.

> SOMEBODY seems to like Jack.

Count me in.
<P ID="signature">______________
"...and the countdown continues until the neanderthals that govern college football do something about their pathetic postseason."--Tim Brando, Sporting News Radio</P>

that's good to know RE: their signal. I think we got a picture of just what you're saying with their Ft Collins results (where their signal is city-grade).

>
> KJAC rimshots Denver (and thus not a good signal metrowide),
> so the lower ratings there may be somewhat deceiving. I'd
> like to see how it would do it were on a strong city signal.
>
>
>
> > SOMEBODY seems to like Jack.
>
> Count me in.
>

Here's a link of KJAC's signal:

http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/pat?call=KJAC&service=FM&status=L&hours=U

As you can see, KJAC's city-grade signal runs out just south of Boulder. South of there to throughout much of Denver proper, the signal is marginal at best. I would bet trying to listen in a downtown Denver office building is next to impossible, especially with 105.5 being sandwiched between the powerful in-market signals of KXKL 105.1 and KALC 105.9. Cheyenne, WY gets a better signal from Jack than Denver.

> that's good to know RE: their signal. I think we got a
> picture of just what you're saying with their Ft Collins
> results (where their signal is city-grade).
>
> >
> > KJAC rimshots Denver (and thus not a good signal
> metrowide),
> > so the lower ratings there may be somewhat deceiving. I'd
> > like to see how it would do it were on a strong city
> signal.
> >
> >
> >
> > > SOMEBODY seems to like Jack.
> >
> > Count me in.
> >
>
<P ID="signature">______________
"...and the countdown continues until the neanderthals that govern college football do something about their pathetic postseason."--Tim Brando, Sporting News Radio</P>

> Indy numbers soared for Jack, where they showed big-time
> 25-54 AND 18-34 (their 12+ was flat, obviously deceiving).

Radio & Records reports that WJJK (Indianapolis' Jack FM) finished third P25-54 in the Spring '05 book. *That* is why WGLD was dropped in favor of Jack.<P ID="signature">______________
Lou Pickney
Tampa, FL
RadioHotTalk.com & VarietyHits.com</P>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom