• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Jack Hanna, Television Animal Advocate And Talk Show Staple, Is Battling Alzheimer’s

I read the full-length article in the Columbus Dispatch yesterday. Sad to read, but unfortunately I think most all of us or someone we know has been touched by Alzheimer's either directly or indirectly. Hanna, along with Joan Embery and Jim Fowler were featured on the Carson show regularly, and Hanna carried that on with Letterman.

My primary issue with Jack Hanna was when a guy from Ohio who kept a bunch of large and exotic animals went nuts and set 50 of them loose back in 2011. Rather than try and catch them or tranquilize them, the sheriff's office and other law enforcement basically hunted them for sport, and killed 48 of those animals (the other 2 were presumed eaten). The law enforcement guys were driving around, hunting for these animals, and high fiving each other and claiming the thrill of victory with each one they slaughtered. Hanna showed up and sided with law enforcement and said they did the right thing. That hurt his reputation with a lot of animal rights folks and animal lovers.

Last edited:
Very sad about Jack Hanna my grandma didn't have Alazheimer's she had the D one which to me is Alazheimer's I don't know what the difference is between the 2. At least she was happy and not mean which I know Alazeimer's you can be mean and happy.

Back
Top Bottom