• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Is Paul Perry Gone From WROR Weekends?

I set up to record an aircheck WROR this afternoon hoping to catch Paul Perry's normal Saturday afternoon shift. He wasn't on, nor was anyone else. I've heard him on Saturday and Sunday afternoons recently, possibly as recently as last week. Is this a new development, has Greater Media cut ROR's budget even more and eliminated weekend talent?

I did hear him at some point this afternoon while listening on the car radio. For the life of me, I couldn't tell you what time it was (probably after 5:30) but he was definitely there today.

Interesting, further analyzing the aircheck, there he is, wow, maybe he only talks one or two times per hour? Can't imagine they have him come in live to do that, so must be voicetracked. Sorry for the misinformation.

I don't listen to him often but , for what it's worth, I have heard him interact with listeners and I've also heard JC Haze, who has the earlier shift, interact with listeners.

I just went through the recording a little more carefully. He was only heard twice in a two hour period between about 4:15 and 6:15, and one of those was a promo for a community event, that may have been recorded at any time. So only one normal break between songs in a 2 hour period? Wow...

Was that community event some kind of show with a bunch of comedians? That might be what I heard him promoting but, in all honesty, I wasn't really LISTENING to him, if you know what I mean.

I happened to hear Paul talk up Bob Seger's "Night Moves" when I was in the vehicle yesterday afternoon, somewhere around 3:45 or thereabouts. Didn't hear him after I hit the road for my 20 minute ride home. I'm surprised they don't use Paul more, but who would he fill in for on weekdays? Typically when Loren & Wally go on vacation they fill in with unhosted music and replay comedy bits. They should use Paul to fill in and intro the best of clips. Just my .02

markwats said:
Typically when Loren & Wally go on vacation they fill in with unhosted music and replay comedy bits. They should use Paul to fill in and intro the best of clips. Just my .02

There have been occasions when Hank and Tom (along with LBF and Lungboy) host the show when Loren and Wally are on vacation but all they are doing are what you say Paul should do: introducing the music and old comedy bits.

On holidays, I've heard the 10-3 shift (normally hosted by a listener) staffed by either Paul or JC or Mauzy Stafford. I wouldn't doubt that someone will be hosting that shift this upcoming July 4th.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom