• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Interesting KGID gets a Construction Permit

Interesting KGID gets a Construction Permit class A at 3,600 watts. How would that effect Jack FM K242DE?

They were 4k watts before the translator went on. I wish they would have kept Sun Radio on the 96.3 translator, Llano, and Giddings. I was surprised when they downgraded KGID and kept the same country format and not switch it to Jack to match the other signals.

I'm not. I think KGID is a commercial FM that does pretty well (or did before Sun Radio). I suspect they represent a revenue stream that would be lost by a simulcast. Giddings is just far enough from Austin to not be just a 'commuter community'.

Giddings is a pretty small town. The current downgraded signal almost reaches 5,000 people. Surely they can’t be making that much money with it but what do I know?

Isn't KGID still airing Sun Radio? Going to be rather difficult to synchronize the translator and the Giddings facility when they're providing two separate formats. I suppose they'll just add KGID to the simulcast post upgrade.

I'm guessing they are doing about $20,000 a month maybe $25,000. That's enough to sustain the station and throw off a small amount of profit. They carry high school sports and local news.

Isn't KGID still airing Sun Radio? Going to be rather difficult to synchronize the translator and the Giddings facility when they're providing two separate formats. I suppose they'll just add KGID to the simulcast post upgrade.
Last time I was in Giddings about over a year ago or so I could only get KGID in the city, sounded like their own brand of music but like sun radio.

Last time I was in Giddings about over a year ago or so I could only get KGID in the city, sounded like their own brand of music but like sun radio.
Every time I’ve checked it was a country format

Back
Top Bottom