• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Input Selection on OB Soundcard

When one of my station's computers boot, it's has an issue selecting the correct input on the OB soundcard. At start-up, the computer chooses "Mic-In" as the input rather than "Line-In." I've updated (and changed) the driver as well as made necessary configurations for the default to be Line-In, but the box continues to choose Mic-In. I have to manually change to Line-In after start-up.

Does anyone know of a fix for this issue? Is there a registry change (or something else) I could modify? Or perhaps a batch file that could make the change to Line-In just after start-up?

Thanks!

Fixed our problem with some old SoundBlaster cards we had laying around. In the news room the on-board Dell sound would always change to 'Mic In' everytime a new person would log-in. Never could find a fix/registry hack that would work.

Once while in XP, I had similar behavior from the auto sensing jacks. I put a dummie plug in ALL the sound card in's and out's and then was able to make it stick with Line for the default.

Another thing to do is jump into the windows mixer, then go to recording, and make sure the check box is under Line.

Try changing it while logged in with administrator rights.

This is just a hunch, so be sure to let us know if it works.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom