• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Inovonics David IV FM processor

Anyone tried it yet?

Inovonics David IV

Anyone using the new Inovonics David IV? How does it sound?

Re: Inovonics David IV

At some point I'll get around to a demo. The Omnia.9 came up so that pushed the Inovonics box down the list. I'd like to compare it to the Omnia One. I don't see how it's going to beat the One, but hey, you never know until you hear it.

I'm running three of them. I like them. My fourth FM has an Omnia One. I haven't tweaked any of them, but I think I prefer the Inovonics... low delay, fast reboot

Score one for the IV.I've always like the inovonics gear.alot of bang for the buck! Hearing this model is really selling well..

Well, I did the trial, bought it, then bought two more. They're just fine, in my humble opinion. More than just fine, I think Inovonics scores on this one...

Bill Wolfenbarger said:
Well, I did the trial, bought it, then bought two more. They're just fine, in my humble opinion. More than just fine, I think Inovonics scores on this one...
I read in the other thread that you have an Omnia One in the field as well. Can they be compared sonically? Does the low latency come at a cost?

Goran Tomas said:
Omnia One doesn't have a latency issue neither - it's only 8ms
Didn't say it did ;) But... 8ms is almost twice the 4.2ms of the Ino.
I know most people don't notice but I do, about 4ms is where I start noticing. One of the reasons I still love analog... I wonder if the box has a signature that could be compared with the clean sound of the 250, I love that old box. IMO both 255 and Omega have never lived up to the legacy of the 250. Maybe this will, and low latency only adds to the fun ;D

I try to keep an old analog box for low latency monitoring if the processor doesn't have it. Not a problem with the newer flavors from the big 3.

That old 8100 with a deemphasis circuit on the test jack output makes a killer headphone processor!

I'll give it another try and ask again: any experience with it out there?
I understand there is no 'browser based remote' like Omnia one, but software has to be installed.

Bill Wolfenbarger just bought 3. So he must love them.His other FM runs a One. SCMS says this Inovonics is the best ever amd selling like hot cakes.Maybe Bill will chime in.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom