• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

I'll be glad when college basketball season is over.

If that's you're reason, then here's hoping college basketball is turned into a year round sport.

Savage is the BEST talk show on the radio and WSB is always disrupting his show for some reason. Now if they would just take Sean off COMPLETLY, (he's un-talented) and shorted Clark's show and bring in some new talent would help that boring 50,000 watt signal. The line up is tired!!

You're in luck. The Bulldogs will lose to Florida Friday and WSB will return to non-sports programming till September.
Oh wait....I forgot about the NIT.

As a board operator during sports games, what have you done to pass the time? Have you missed any breaks/spots because you got busy doing something else? I am sure some of you have gotten real bored running a board during a sports game.

<ochael Savage is the biggest waste of air I have ever come across. His strong Northern accent is irritating, his self-righteous attidue less than entertaining; in general, he is just not what I would like to listen to. So I don't.

I was working (while in college) for a station in the early years of Braves radio broadcasts. Used to drive me crazy -- you'd settle down in the studio starting at :25 and :55 waiting for an id break, nothing, then at :33 or :04 Milo Hamilton would get tired of his own voice and give the network ID cue (supposed to be 14 seconds but sometimes he'd crank back up at :09, sometimes at :21. Really sounded bush (not Busch) back then! Oh, and sometimes they'd feed a WSB id down the network line, not leave it open!

Why is basketball is better than Michael Savage? The play-by-play announcers seem to care about speaking the truth.

I once missed a break or two over an entire NASCAR race.. i was doing morning drive at the time, in by 530am... and had to come back to run the board for a NASCAR race that didn't end till 12:15AM.

I was so tired, I kinda nodded off while surfing the internet.

I don't like sports, but I'd listen to a basketball game before Savage

AMLOVER: I happen to like Clark howard, I think he's pretty good..and as for Savage, he's just a horrible old man and full of hate.

I didn't say I did not like Clark Howard just have his show shortened. Two hours is enough of hearing people bitch because they did read the fine print on their health club contract. As for Savage he might be crumpy but he speaks the truth and I do not totally agreee with him all the time but he calls everybody to task. He certainly does not kiss ass.

I think Clark's show serves more of a purpose then Michael Savage...

I'm glad that WSB (the former Mike Malloy station) is preempting Whinner, because in SFO, Whinner is on for FOUR hours!!! Mike Malloy, in SFO, gets preempting for sports  :mad:  :mad:  :mad: !!!

Michael Savage, without a doubt, is the biggest bigot on the radio today.

Amazing that stations would air someone who regularly burns crosses.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom