• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Ideas on presentation at remotes and getting attention

J

jimmyfish

I will admit, I am by no means a promtion director, but I have done my share of remotes over the last 20 years. I will share some of what I have done so far in a long winded post, to maybe help you with some ideas, but I would love to hear some innovative ideas to make remotes more fun and professional.

By default I have became a promotions director, (I own a small station with no budget).

Anyway we are starting to get out and do events. I have a marti setup and computer (sounds great when I can get an internet hookup or wireless signal). So that part is no problem. I had rather do anything than use a phone!

I don't have a vehicle, so I am using a 5x8 cargo as, "The Road Crew Mobile Studio" lol. going to try to find a yellow constution light bar to put on top, but for now I have a yellow beacon light to stick up there and turn on during remotes. Going to get it wrapped when I can afford it, but for now trying to find a way to get the pvc signs (the backing is the same color as the trailer) with my logo to stay on each side. Also getting a larg banner to put out in front, near the road that says, "Stop in For free games and prizes".

I have about 8 carnival games (duck pond ect.) We call it, "The Family Fun Fair". We provide the games free for local charities ect and bring them to bigger clients remotes. They provide the little prizes. Kids seem to like it, but we need to get more games that appeal to teens/adults. trying to build a speed pith cage for tailgates.

This may be over-kill or a lot of work, but I am trying to get past the fact that we are an AM station and don't buy ratings to sell on. So I am selling the fact that we may bring passing traffic in as well as listeners and make every remote, an event.

Sorry for any typos, I just got on a roll and it is late lol. If I gave you some ideas, great. Any tips for making remotes fun and look good?

WOW! It seems like you put a lot of sweat equity into your station, not that it is bad thing but as an owner you shouldn't let your promotional and programming efforts get in the way of making money.

Your clients (and you) need to recognize the fact that your remote efforts aren't instantanious (all the time). That you are basically giving your client a 2-3 hour informercial and that's what should focus on.

As far as making your remotes get attention... hook up with a local inflatable bounce house company. Most of the time these businesses will be willing to trade out time for ads, another thing is hook up with an ice cream trcuk, hot dog stand, fruit cart....people love food! even if you can give some free food away.

The last thing (and most important) is your client support of the event. Your clients can't expect for you to just get on-air and magically make people come to their business...they have to pony up something worthy of your listeners to stop what they had planned for a saturday and come to you.

You are right, there has to be value. Funny that you say that about the bounce has thing, i actually have 1 lol. The insurance is too expensive, since I don't have the time to concetrate on that biz, I did have it insured years ago and only did a few events, now it has trippled! So I saw a bounce house company over the weekend at an event and exchanged cards with them and presented just what you said.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom