• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Hudson County, NJ 1710 kHz TIS power increase to cover Coronavirus emergency

WQFG689, the Hudson County, NJ Travelers' Information Service station on 1710 kHz AM has been granted Special Temporary Authority to increase power from 10 to 100 watts for 90 days or the cessation of the national emergency, whichever occurs first. The authorization comes with some conditions regarding interference to 1700 WRCR, Ramapo, NY.

Hello. I received WQFG689 Wednesday, March 24 at 6 AM here in Skowhegan, ME. I've never received a signal on 1710 KHz before, so I was curious. While I didn't get a positive ID, there were numerous mentions of Hudson County and lots of gab about COVID-19. I'm guessing that the TIS station was operating at 100 watts. I listened via my C. Crane CC2E purchased in 2015.

And I thought they have the daytime vs nighttime signal until I found this thread, recieved one evening in CT around 90 miles away with WRCR 1700 interfering a little bit.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom