• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

How many radio stations towers are on mt Wilson?

I know there are a lot I'm 50 years old so memory is bad. But I don't think KROQ is one of them. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Is KYSR (ALT) tower still above Beverly Hills? I noticed they have a really good signal into San Diego but a lousy signal into the IE, like the Mt Wilson stations.

I believe 18 FM’s transmit from Mt. Wilson. 89.3, 90.7, 92.3, 93.1, 93.9, 94.7, 95.5, 97.1, 99.5, 100.3, 101.1, 101.9, 102.7, 103.5, 104.3, 105.1, 105.9, 107.5. 91.5 from Mt. Harvard. Did I miss any?

I believe 18 FM’s transmit from Mt. Wilson. 89.3, 90.7, 92.3, 93.1, 93.9, 94.7, 95.5, 97.1, 99.5, 100.3, 101.1, 101.9, 102.7, 103.5, 104.3, 105.1, 105.9, 107.5. 91.5 from Mt. Harvard. Did I miss any?
That's correct. Not sure this counts, but I think there's a Spanish-language religious station at/around 87.5 (a "Franken FM") also on Wilson (or maybe Mt. Harvard). Can anyone confirm?

Is KYSR (ALT) tower still above Beverly Hills? I noticed they have a really good signal into San Diego but a lousy signal into the IE, like the Mt Wilson stations.
KYSR is on that hill. KROQ is on Flint, and the SBS stations are not on Wilson either, despite being Class B's.

KYSR is on that hill. KROQ is on Flint, and the SBS stations are not on Wilson either, despite being Class B's.
KROQ *used* to be on Flint, but they moved up to the Verdugo Mountains (with a corresponding cut in ERP) back in the early 1990's, I believe. Later, 96.3 (when it dropped religion as KFSG, and went Spanish-language) moved up to approximately the same site.

KYSR comes in fine in Riverside which is part of the IE.
It gets practically no listening except in the ZIP Codes nearest to the market border with LA. Go inland and it has nearly nothing.

KROQ *used* to be on Flint, but they moved up to the Verdugo Mountains (with a corresponding cut in ERP) back in the early 1990's, I believe. Later, 96.3 (when it dropped religion as KFSG, and went Spanish-language) moved up to approximately the same site.
Sorry, my bad. I used to live where I could see both Flint and Verdugo from my house (up the 2 in Rancho San Rafael) and still can't get the two straight in my mind, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom