• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

How Many AAA-Internet Only Stations?

L

LowTideV

Are there a lot,or just a few? I ask because I'm seriously thinking of flipping my Part-15 and 'net stream to a AAA format. Why? Because there is some really good new music being made that deserves a shot at being listened to....

Comments, anyone?

> Are there a lot,or just a few? I ask because I'm seriously
> thinking of flipping my Part-15 and 'net stream to a AAA
> format. Why? Because there is some really good new music
> being made that deserves a shot at being listened to....
>
> Comments, anyone?
>
My very favorite AAA Internet only station is Radio Paradise. If you stream, you need to stream at least 80kbps ... RP is at 128 kbps.... Make it sound like a REAL radio station, not a jukebox... That means every now and then a DJ back announcing songs played and maybe a front sell of the first song in the next set. A few liners and/or identifiers also make it sound like a real radio station. Another famous station is WOXY.com and another (not famous) is the Legato Cafe. Those are a few that come to mind.

When Union Broadcasting blew up 97.3 the Planet in Kansas City, they moved it to an online stream. But I don't think they actually play any new music, just whatever the station was playing at the time of the format change in September 2005.http://www.973theplanet.comThis was listed in the "most recently played" box.Dire Straits - So Far Away Snow Patrol - Hands Open Black Crowes - Twice As Hard Bruce Springsteen - I'm On Fire Van Morrison - Stranded Sarah McLachlan - Sweet Surrender Ozomatli - Who Discovered America (remix) Elvis Costello - Veronica Wallflowers - Three Marlenas U2 - Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out of David Bowie - Suffragette City Pearl Jam - Black

My Three favorite AAA-stations...... 1) RADIO PARADISE - I love that 192 kb stream......RP music mirrors my album collection. Where else are you going to hear Belle & Sebastian alongside Pat Metheny Group ..AMAZING!!! Wild Bill Rules!!! 2) RADIOio - It's good, but I am noticing some ads now on the stream. 3) THE CURRENT 89.3 - I know it's an over the air public radio FM from The Twin Cities of Minneapolis/St. Paul, but IT'S GOOD... The music selection is varied and you truly never expect what they will play next. I stream The Current 89.3 from my computer at work. It's great stress-relief!! Joe ;)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom