• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

How are we doing so far?

Hello again everyone, I just wanted some input on how our Smooth Jazz playlist is sounding. As you may know, we recently switched over to Smooth Jazz as our primary format and there is still much work to be done in terms of adding tracks and tweaking the sound of the station. You'll only hear about 2-4 vocals at the most in an hour and a few chill music tracks as well as the Smooth Jazz which is the basis. You can listen right now at www.BlufftonConnection.com and give me your opinion of our playlist.

Does it need some Stevie Wonder, Luther Vandross, Anita Baker? I have been hesitant to put these artists into the playlist because BA is already doing this and that is not what we want to be. You'll also notice an emphasis towards deep Smooth Jazz cuts (which I'm still adding) and new artists.

If you hear a track you like and don't know what is, e-mail or message me on here and I can get the song name/artist to you.

Also, you can listen to my show: "The Chillout Sessions" on demand for free in crystal clear MP3 quality at: http://www.mixcloud.com/donald-isaac/

Thanks for your input everyone!

In terms of BA-fried vocals i think the old axiom of "what you don't play won't hurt you" comes into play. I just can't imagine anyone saying "I can't listen to that station because they don't play "You Are The Sunshine Of My Life" or "Here and Now" at least 2 times a day" (lol) There is some Anita and Sade stuff that still sounds good if you aren't playing them every hour or pounding the cliche songs but as for old Motown, old Bill Withers, etc why bother..nobody is gonna miss it if you dont.

We here at "Knights' Radio, WRSG" have Donald's show, "The Chillout Sessions," and we love it! We air it twice a week from 10 p.m. until midnight, making this a terrific way to destress , and we are honored that Donald allows us to air his show. It is EXTREMELY well-done! You need to check this out!

@AnotherCat: That's a good point. I really make it a point not to play these artists just because it's already been done before. I like to play "unique Smooth Vocals" which means that you'll hear vocals from a wide variety of artists that don't normally get played that much on a normal SJ station. We'll keep it as it is then! :)

@Greg Goodfellow: Thanks for the high praise Greg! I am so glad to be on your three stations in West Virginia.

-WBWH Sample Playlist for 5:15 PM EST – 6:15 PM EST on Mar. 7th, 2012

Corinne Bailey Rae – Closer (feat. Marcus Miller)
Paul Hardcastle – Rainforest/What’s Goin’ On
The Sax Pack – A Little Bit Closer
Jim Peterik’s Lifeforce – Teach You Tonight
Euge Groove – As You Like It
Gabrielle – When A Woman
Jeff Kashiwa – Baby Come Over
Walle Larsson – Southside Samba
Boney James – Words (Unspoken)
Reinhold Schwarzwald – Sunset
Trijntje Oosterhuis - Since We Got Back Our Power (Featuring Lamont Dozier)
Larry Carlton – Slave Song
Kirk Whalum – Any Love
Sara Bareilles – Bluebird
David Wells - Praise

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom