• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Hot's PD arrested… featured on FLZ's website!

Good grief...he didn't rob a bank or molest a child...get over it...too much about nothing

Considering the target demographic, it is probably going to turn out to be a badge of honor for him.
-that party animal.

Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta!

Won't even matter. Maybe if the brains at FLZ had balls they'd call him out. Otherwise, 98% of the listening audience will never hear or care about it. Agreed... much ado about nothing. Nice try.

billalm said:
Won't even matter. Maybe if the brains at FLZ had balls they'd call him out. Otherwise, 98% of the listening audience will never hear or care about it. Agreed... much ado about nothing. Nice try.

They had this post up on their Facebook page around 5pm yesterday (Sunday):
http://www.facebook.com/933FLZ/posts/260536797322434

and 76,000+ people follow them them there.
And that post was tweeted out of course to another 16,000+ that follow them on Twitter.
Almost 100,000 "never heard or cared" about it via social media alone yesterday.

The rest will hear it today. Some will get it, some won't. Some will care, some won't.
What's important is that through all this poking fun at the guy, they didn't forget to make sure
there was a payoff for FLZ listeners in the end - the extra cash contest "Win Timmy's Bail Money".

Funny how the folks at CC are making fun when they've had WAY MORE personalities arrested over the years and for way worse offenses. Don't make me list names... you know who they are. And social network followers??? OK.... you need a lesson on how many eyes REALLY see that out of 100,000. Between Facebook and Twitter some are duplicates... and besides, at the end of the day, I maintain the majority of listeners have NO IDEA who Timmy is. Calling out a personality and established name like "MJ", "Bubba", "Mason", and so forth can have impact. Calling someone out like Tim Clarke will have little or no affect on the ratings or revenue going forward.

I know this pis*ing match is still fresh but come on.... this is pretty lame. I'm not gonna give a crap until someone at least crashes a car or pulls a pee wee herman.

I got an idea...

How about how to destroy FLZ by using underground dance music on a rival.

Maybe that will show FLZ up or will it??

Why destroy FLZ. All these CHR stations play the same stuff with the same type of jocks and the gossip breaks between cuts. I don't care which one wins. I'll stick to real radio like Mix and Magic where there is intellectually challanging banter.

Ms Music Radio - you are not in CHR taget demo and neither am I. Also, their audience could care less about a young guy getting drunk. Big Whoop.

John Waywoods said:
Ms Music Radio - you are not in CHR taget demo and neither am I. Also, their audience could care less about a young guy getting drunk. Big Whoop.
Sorry to say, you're probably right. Timmy has probably gotten another job offer from Tommy.

Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta!

John Waywoods said:

I agree

I'm willing to bet anything that FLZ has some arrested employees as well. Classless move, and MJ did an awful job executing it onair. "I have a lot of Korean friends"? Wow.

iknowpeople said:
I'm willing to bet anything that FLZ has some arrested employees as well.
Goes with the territory.

Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta!

MsMusicRadio said:
Why destroy FLZ. All these CHR stations play the same stuff with the same type of jocks and the gossip breaks between cuts. I don't care which one wins. I'll stick to real radio like Mix and Magic where there is intellectually challanging banter.

Intellectually challenging to whom? You are kidding, right?

I am kidding. The same show business "what is snookie doing" stuff is certainly on Mix as much as Hot or FLZ and maybe Magic does it less, but most of their fillers are liner cards. Only WMNF and WUSF could qualify as "intellectual", but those formats have certain predictable radio cliches as well.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom