• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Hot AC Most Added: 4/6/07

B

Beejus

Here's this week's most added per Radio And Records.

1- MAROON 5 -MAKES ME WONDER (A&M/OCTONE/INTERSCOPE)

2- BON JOVI- (YOU WANT TO) MAKE A MEMORY (MERCURY/ISLAND/IDJMG)

3- DAUGHTRY- HOME (RCA/RMG)

4- GWEN STEFANI FEAT. AKON -THE SWEET ESCAPE (INTERSCOPE)

5- ROCCO DELUCA & THE BURDEN- COLORFUL (IRONWORKS)

6- BRANDI CARLILE- THE STORY (COLUMBIA)

My two cents worth:

1. MAROON 5 - MAKES ME WONDER
Instant hit! I can't believe how quickly this song hit the chart. It's already up to #17 on Mediabase Hot AC. Possibly questionable lyrics (for some of the more "mainstream" Hot ACs among us)

2. BON JOVI - (YOU WANT TO) MAKE A MEMORY
I think it's some of Bon Jovi's worst. Probably will get some airplay just because it's Bon Jovi

3. DAUGHTRY - HOME
Another top 5 hit for Chris Daughtry.

4. GWEN STEFANI FEAT. AKON - THE SWEET ESCAPE
What's not to love? A catchy pop hit that everybody can enjoy. Another fast mover on the chart; up to #4 on Mediabase Hot AC

5. ROCCO DELUCA & THE BURDEN - COLORFUL
It just seems to remind me of a lot of stuff that's already out there. I don't really have strong feelings on this song one way or the other.

6. BRANDI CARLILE - THE STORY
Another song being given "15 minutes of fame" because of a TV show (Grey's Anatomy). Sounds awful IMO. Oh well

Just my opinions on a boring Saturday night! Anybody else?

whit979 said:
My two cents worth:

1. MAROON 5 - MAKES ME WONDER
Instant hit! I can't believe how quickly this song hit the chart. It's already up to #17 on Mediabase Hot AC. Possibly questionable lyrics (for some of the more "mainstream" Hot ACs among us)

2. BON JOVI - (YOU WANT TO) MAKE A MEMORY
I think it's some of Bon Jovi's worst. Probably will get some airplay just because it's Bon Jovi

3. DAUGHTRY - HOME
Another top 5 hit for Chris Daughtry.

4. GWEN STEFANI FEAT. AKON - THE SWEET ESCAPE
What's not to love? A catchy pop hit that everybody can enjoy. Another fast mover on the chart; up to #4 on Mediabase Hot AC

5. ROCCO DELUCA & THE BURDEN - COLORFUL
It just seems to remind me of a lot of stuff that's already out there. I don't really have strong feelings on this song one way or the other.

6. BRANDI CARLILE - THE STORY
Another song being given "15 minutes of fame" because of a TV show (Grey's Anatomy). Sounds awful IMO. Oh well

Just my opinions on a boring Saturday night! Anybody else?

Should have added mine when I posted the songs eh?

Maroon 5- Makes Me Wonder
I'm not digging this as much as Harder to Breathe or This Love... but still good nonetheless. I expect the burn factor to kick in quickly though.

Bon Jovi- (You Want To) Make a Memory
I'll agree. I'm not feeling this song at all. Should make a minor splash though. I can't complain... he's led the Philadelphia Soul to a 4-0 record so far :)

Daughtry- Home
If this doesn't hit #1... I'll be surprised.

Gwen Stefani- Sweet Escape
Took a little time to catch on at Hot AC... but she's got her name helping her. (Cool was Top 5... plus all the No Doubt spins). It's a little too poppy for my personal tastes... but it's killing.

Rocco Deluca & The Burden- Colorful
This song just isn't doing ANYTHING for my station right now.

Brandi Carlile- The Story
Not diggin this one either.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom