• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Holiday 2021 ratings are here

Interesting to see KKHH not drop in the Holiday period like they usually do. I've noticed over the past couple of months that they've started to ocassionally drift into more of a rock lean for short stretches of time. If they're trying to compete with The Eagle, it's working, with their flat movement and The Eagle taking a moderate hit this month.

It's also interesting to see both the Country stations remain flat, I wonder how they are faring in the key demographics.

And just like that KTWL disappeared from the list…
My guess is they stopped subscribing or encoding. It's not worth doing so if all you're doing is getting poor ratings. Why even risk your clients seeing such piss poor performance?

Another interesting omission is KQBU. The simulcast will probably be split sooner rather than later. One has to wonder if Univision will bring back a Regional Mexican format to compliment KLTN. Qué Buena paired with a Norteño based format would make sense if the goal was to drown Estrella Media and put those pesky translators out of business. (Let's not forget that the longest running format on 93.3 for Univision was the former "Que Buena" format that used to compliment KLTN. Univision has experience in flanking it's competitors)

Interesting to see KKHH not drop in the Holiday period like they usually do. I've noticed over the past couple of months that they've started to ocassionally drift into more of a rock lean for short stretches of time. If they're trying to compete with The Eagle, it's working, with their flat movement and The Eagle taking a moderate hit this month.

It's also interesting to see both the Country stations remain flat, I wonder how they are faring in the key demographics.
KILT-FM will continue to get revenue from airing Houston Texans game.

KKHH's slight rock lean is an interesting approach. KKHH seems to get the listeners who may not receive the Eagle signals reliably. Also, although Houston has a more conservative persuasion compared to the likes of NYC, I wonder how KKHH fares among more ethnic listeners, considering that stations like WCBS, WOGL, etc. do not lean towards rock. (I know KKHH is adult hits, but still.)

They've started to randomly play 4-5 rock songs in a row at times (even 6 or 7 on very rare ocassions) over these past couple of months, which is what I was referring to even though they never did before. They still have the nice balance between pop and rock that they've always had aside from these random stretches, so I wonder why they've recently started to do this.

My guess is they stopped subscribing or encoding. It's not worth doing so if all you're doing is getting poor ratings. Why even risk your clients seeing such piss poor performance?

Another interesting omission is KQBU. The simulcast will probably be split sooner rather than later. One has to wonder if Univision will bring back a Regional Mexican format to compliment KLTN. Qué Buena paired with a Norteño based format would make sense if the goal was to drown Estrella Media and put those pesky translators out of business. (Let's not forget that the longest running format on 93.3 for Univision was the former "Que Buena" format that used to compliment KLTN. Univision has experience in flanking it's competitors)
Move QUE BUENA back to KQBU and change KLTN back to just KLTN.

I know that won’t happen, but what else could UNIVISION use on KQBU? LATINOMIX again?

Move QUE BUENA back to KQBU and change KLTN back to just KLTN.

I know that won’t happen, but what else could UNIVISION use on KQBU? LATINOMIX again?
That's what happened in Phoenix. They broke up the Latino Mix simulcast over there to launch TUDN on 105.1 in 2017, but the simulcast was re-instated a few years ago.

Univision did just sell an underperforming FM in New York to a religious broadcaster. Could they part ways with 93.3 for quick cash?

Rememberr they did that to KZAR 97.7 in San Antonio in summer 2011 selling it to Air 1.

Univision did just sell an underperforming FM in New York to a religious broadcaster. Could they part ways with 93.3 for quick cash?
Another possible landing spot for one of the local English language AM SportsTalkers if they can’t get ahold of 92.1?

Or…welcome WAY-FM to its new home town after the Hope Media Group merger.

Another interesting omission is KQBU.
Simulcasts are almost always listed as combined "Single Line Reporting" as listing separately makes no commercial sense.

Simulcasts are almost always listed as combined "Single Line Reporting" as listing separately makes no commercial sense.
Technically, double zeroes aren't listed. I wonder if that's a feature or a bug from Nielsen?

"Saving face on your behalf!" - Nielsen Ratings, probably

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom