• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

here we go again!

This is great news for those of you who like the Grateful Dead. Yesterday, Hippie Radio played what seemed like a 10-minute version of "Truckin'." Actually, they played it twice. ::) What a strange trip, indeed.

Also noticing that their website http://www.hippieradio945.com is down as I am typing this. The website is "parked," with a "godaddy.com" logo on that site.

The long version of 'Truckin'..all good..but they played the short version of Can't You See...in all my years in and around radio..even I didn't know there was a short version of Can't You See...unless it was a studio edit...and even then...you don't play the short version !!!!!!!

They played the five-minute version of "Truckin'" twice. At least, I think they did. With the Dead, who knows?

Also agree with you that there should NOT be a short version of "Can't You See." I remember 97.1 (when come-in-last owned them) playing it, and wondering why they cut it off! :mad:

Also, the short version of "My Life" by Billy Joel should never be played. Play the album version only, or don't play it at all!

Today, their website is back up. I am bummed that I didn't get to see it yesterday because I wanted to see the classic car before they changed it.

I wish they would get rid of that "still pissed at Yoko" nonsense. Someone out there actually buys that garbage?

Hey Fire? You referring to the Cobra as the classic car vs. this weeks? Yeah, Chris Luckey said the server was down yesterday for some reason, but it was online last night when I checked.

Tibbs2 said:
Hey Fire? You referring to the Cobra as the classic car vs. this weeks? Yeah, Chris Luckey said the server was down yesterday for some reason, but it was online last night when I checked.
Yes, I forgot to check it until yesterday. I saw the Camaro on there this morning.

I guess that means we missed Champagne last week vs. PBR this week, right? ;D Hope you doin' excellent. That was one awesome ride.

Maybe off kilter in this thread...but just noticed that Joe Case was doing afternoons today...since I rarely have a chance to listen at that time...was this a fill-in..or has Mark McGill been replaced with another voice track ?? And for anyone at Hippie who may stumble on this page...you can drop the "all new" bit since you've been up over a year..as well as 'Live and Local"...your neither...

Joe is doing afternoons from here locally, like Chris, Pat. Mark is doing nights from 8-12. Can't help ya on the "new" stuff. Maybe the website went down along with the New York Times site earlier today. Maybe the Times is the REAL ownership of Hippie. After all, they still call themselves New after like 160 years.

deltas69 said:
Maybe off kilter in this thread...but just noticed that Joe Case was doing afternoons today...since I rarely have a chance to listen at that time...was this a fill-in..or has Mark McGill been replaced with another voice track ?? And for anyone at Hippie who may stumble on this page...you can drop the "all new" bit since you've been up over a year..as well as 'Live and Local"...your neither...
How about an email campaign to get them to drop the "all-new" b.s. I agree with you. It has been waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy too long (a year and a half!) for them to continue saying "all-new." And McGill (yeah, they moved him to after Music City Roots) even still says "brand new." McGill and Lucky have both been there from the beginning, so they should both know better. ::) I get the feeling that Chris admins their Facebook page, so he will just delete comments asking them to drop "all-new." I should know. He deleted mine! :mad:

So let's email them, and pressure them to drop the "all-new" b.s.

[email protected]
[email protected]

And let's not stop with them, because they will just ignore it.

[email protected]
[email protected]

Barb is the station manager; Tia is an account executive.

And just because someone "just discovered" them last week does NOT make the station "all-new." Only "new" to them. ::) And for the love of all that is decent, PLEASE stop bragging about how many Facebook likes you get. We don't care!

Okay, rant over (for now).

They're at it again! Once again, the all-new Hippie Radio is making a big deal out of the fact that they have high school football in stereo again this year! ::) They act like high school football on FM is a big deal! Got news for them! FM has carried high school football since at least the '60s. (I know this for a fact because a station for which I once worked added an FM sister station specifically for the purpose of carrying football, since their AM was daytime-only at the time.)

My brother-in-law is an MBA alum. Wonder if he listens to the games. He may actually attend the games.

Nothing like hearing...'the snap is down....the kick is up.......GOODA !!!!!!!! :D in stereo ;D ;D....Maybe Spider can do color... ::)

Tibbs2 said:
Joe is doing afternoons from here locally, like Chris, Pat. Mark is doing nights from 8-12. Can't help ya on the "new" stuff. Maybe the website went down along with the New York Times site earlier today. Maybe the Times is the REAL ownership of Hippie. After all, they still call themselves New after like 160 years.
Was that when they underwent the format change from the New Amsterdam Times? ;D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom