• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Height of Bad Taste? Secret Service Take Notice?: Death Pool

T

Tilden

Just turned on and off the Howie Carr Show.
Caught a minute of Carr's Death Pool.
Caller called to wish Former President into the Death Pool before the Calfornia Primary.
Secret Service action required?
Would Carr have allowed Trump in Death Pool ?

Just turned on and off the Howie Carr Show.

Well, what do you know...another post about how you hate Howie Carr.

Old news, he's been doing this feature for years.

Whats more amazing is that you (apparently) listen everyday to a guy you hate! ;-)

LOL

The feature is guessing which celebs may die,not prompting someone to kill them (see Beck,his guest,and Trump).
Current,former,and potential office holders have been suggested (in Hillary's case,it could be for health reasons).Some callers suggested Howie himself.
We should have a poll on how long this thread lasts, as it goes against the "this is an election yr,don't talk politics" rule.

At one point Randi Rhodes imagined Pres George W Bush could be killed a la Fredo in the Godfather film. Note "ought to".
http://www.jeffjacoby.com/2942/a-new-low-in-bush-hatred

>>On Air America Radio, talk show host Randi Rhodes recommended doing to Bush what Michael Corleone, in "The Godfather, Part II," does to his brother. "Like Fredo," she said, "somebody ought to take him out fishing and phuw!" -- then she imitated the sound of a gunshot.

Last edited:
If the OP feels this is a issue for the SS perhaps the OP should call them instead of posting on a message board they most likely don't read.

IMHO if nobody responds to the Tilden posts he will go away because of no attention being paid to him and that's what he craves. His posts are all silly and childish. Yes I know I just responded but it won't happen again. Perhaps he will change his user name again. Secret Service # Boston office is (617) 565-5640. I'm sure they will be glad to hear from him. Might even get some kind of an Omnibus award.

IMHO if nobody responds to the Tilden posts he will go away because of no attention being paid to him and that's what he craves. His posts are all silly and childish. Yes I know I just responded but it won't happen again. Perhaps he will change his user name again. Secret Service # Boston office is (617) 565-5640. I'm sure they will be glad to hear from him. Might even get some kind of an Omnibus award.

Was just a question.

>>Just turned on and off

Using the on/off button. Can provide instant relief to those offended by what they hear (or, you could try to start a rival talk show--we know liberal talk works so well on commercial radio in Boston...)

"I just want to say you're stupid and disgusting and you shouldn't be on the air!"

"I see, caller...now, how often do you listen to my show?"

"Every day."

(Pretty much confined to New England, the Howie Carr show is up to about 25 affiliates or so plus online listening,
live video feeds, etc. Meanwhile there are maybe a couple progressive talk stations still left in the region, probably
in East Overshoe Vermont or Derry, Maine* )

*--WZON Bangor Maine, owned by Stephen King. "Derry", as portrayed in his books, is really Bangor. No Howie Carr here, but you can hear Bill Press, Thom Hartmann..or the Red Sox.
http://wzonthepulse.com/weekdaypgms.html

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-AMbQQKIA1uE/Uhly8qdBjDI/AAAAAAAAQEM/C8bZDfpmEh0/s1600/052.jpg
Kathy Bates in the TV version of Stephen King's The Stand, as talk host "Rae Flowers".
Note the WZON mike flag and logo on back of her!

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom