• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Has anyone voted for this year Q104.3 "Top 1043 Songs Of All Time"?

Each weekend up and out this way, we hear Classic Rock of all genres off 'Eagle 107'.
WEGH plays 3-4 songs in a row from those years on their Block Party Weekend (right now they're on the third Todd Rundgren song* in a row).
That's plenty of Classic Rock for me, lol. These countdowns and voters' surveys are easy to avoid, with Eagle 107 and Hanna-FM 02.3 available.

* I Saw The Light, We Gotta Get You a Woman, Bang on Me Drum All Day, It Wouldn't Have Made Any Difference, Hello It's Me.

I'm posting this because I voted on their website and I'm from Massachusetts
I doubt they actually count the votes. But they will make sure to get those 10+ minute songs on the list, the ones they play only on the Top 1,043 weekend. And make sure they still hit their 9-minute commercial breaks at :10 and :40 past each hour. Heck, they may even skip 50 songs or so during the overnight.

About 7 years ago I was painting a house (the inside) on a warm Memorial Day. (With the doors all open, some neighbourhood cat strolled in and got some tuna fish from a can I'd brought long for lunch.)
Off WOGL 98.1 in Philly, a gal named 'The Redhead' was having a great time playing WOGL's special for the weekend. They were going through the library alphabetically by artist.
There were no survey numbers, no pompous and unnecessary separators, no 'remember how great's, no mention of upcoming tours by whomever ; just The Redhead having a blast playing songs from back then one after another. It was as though management gave her the security-lock number on the music vault and told her to go nuts. And she did, in wonderful Top-40/Oldies style.
'Morning Has Broken' by Cat Stevens, for crying out loud, lol. Songs like that, high-low-medium-rocky.
It was the best 'countdown' type show I'd ever heard and probably ever will.
The 'other' cat -- the tuna fish one -- fell asleep at the bottom of the stairs, and was there when the owner came by with two of my buddies to see the progress. The owner did a horror-filled take at the cat, like a vampire when someone brandishes a silver cross at him. 'No .... no ....'

I doubt they actually count the votes. But they will make sure to get those 10+ minute songs on the list, the ones they play only on the Top 1,043 weekend. And make sure they still hit their 9-minute commercial breaks at :10 and :40 past each hour. Heck, they may even skip 50 songs or so during the overnight.

Actually, in the overnight hours they play a few more songs in the hour than usual because they are few commercial breaks during the overnight

Actually, in the overnight hours they play a few more songs in the hour than usual because they are few commercial breaks during the overnight
Theoretically, yes. I'm usually visiting my in-laws in north-central New Jersey on Thanksgiving and have on Q104.3 to listen to the countdown. On more than one occasion, I know that they were on, say #700 at 10 p.m., then the following morning at 8 a.m., they were on, say #500. Even with a lesser spot load overnight, there's no way they're playing 200 songs in a 10 hour period. I compared the "last songs played" to the countdown song list they post, and sure enough, they skipped 100 songs sometime in the 3 a.m. hour. They skipped what seemed to be another 50 songs the following night. This was a few years back, 2018 maybe, and their commercial breaks that year were particularly long. One I clocked at 12 minutes. It was unbearable, and I've been less interested in listening to the countdown since. I'm staying in Massachusetts this year, but may check in via the stream from time to time. I'm usually more curious about where the songs place from year to year anyway--I do have a Google Sheet with all of their countdowns and rankings since 2002. Yeah, I'm a nerd.

What about Aerosmith's I Don't Want to Miss a Thing on Q104.3 like WCBS-FM 101.1, New 102.7 and 106.7 Lite FM played?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom