• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Harry Harrison was Elected to the Radio Hall of Fame

Harry Harrison is one of 8 personalities elected to the Radio Hall of Fame. This is certainly overdue as he last worked in radio in May 2005 at WCBS-FM. A hearty congratulations to Harry and the other inductees.

In Miami, we heard him on "The Army In Sounds" back in the day.
Our greatest president was Wm Henry Harrison; close but no cigar.

Working overnights for 25 years, I was one of those socially bereft 3rd-shift misfits who never got to listen to NYC morning radio.
No Harry.
No Stern.
No Imus.
No morning Zoos.

The only one I caught regularly -- and thus enjoyed -- was when Klavan would start his WNEW show @ 5:30. Good Lord, what a half-hour of silly nonsense that was. Complete MoR anarchy.

And a few times on the drive home I caught Ross & Wilson on WABC. They were good!

Through the internet I finally got to hear some Harry. What a voice! What a schtick! And he was capable of working that wake-up-Mom-put-on-the-coffeepot for HOW long?

He must've been a truly charming and amiable morning radio listen. A well-deserved tip of the earphones to ya, Harry!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom