• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Greenville TV Station

I was thinking about a TV station yesterday, and was wondering what happened to it. Does anyone know anything about Channel 51, that is apparently somewhere around Greenville? I seem to recall it as "PAX51" a few years back and they made like it was a Greenville station. The reception was never great, though, in Greenville. What happened to this channel? I can't seem to get it at all where I live now (Laurens), but I used to get it fairly well with an antenna. Was this even a Greenville channel? What happened to it? Wish we could get a "i"/PAX channel.

I remember there was a Pax station a few years ago out of Spartanburg. I can't remember if it was on channel 51 though.

The station out of Spartanburg, which was once a PAX station, was on Channel 51. It's a low-power station with the calls WSQY-LP, and also has a CP to change COL to Greenville. It also has a simulcast sister-station in Asheville, WAEN-LP. The stations were owned by a partnership of doctors, but was sold in October 2005 to "Word of God Fellowship". At one time, best I remember, the station was on the cable in Hendersonville and Spartanburg, but not Greenville or Asheville. I knew they were looking to sell the stations last year, but I didn't realize the sale had taken place until I looked it up on the FCC website.

If it was sold to Word of God Fellowship, then it should be a Daystar station now. Word of God Fellowship Inc is the business entity that Daystar uses for their LPTV station licenses.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom