• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Gorman-Redlich EAS??

Don't! Get a SAGE or DASDEC and you'll be happier. There's a reason a ton more of them sell than the GR units. Never liked them. Or the TFT hunks-o-junk for that matter.

WNTIRadio said:
Don't! Get a SAGE or DASDEC and you'll be happier. There's a reason a ton more of them sell than the GR units. Never liked them. Or the TFT hunks-o-junk for that matter.

Thanks. They won't. Just discovered that the unit isn't CAP compliant and would also need the CAP to EAS converter.

Not recommended. Get a Digital Alert Systems EAS unit and reduce your blood pressure. And they are CAP compliant and a great company to deal with.

kogi19 said:
Aren't they waiting kind of late in the game to be looking for a CAP compliant unit?
Believe me...they aren't the only one being dragged to the finish line against his or her will.

LOL! One of the ones on the 'approved' list sure took their time getting an update out. All joking aside, I cannot think of any good reason to buy a Gordon Redneck. Not a fan, at all.

kogi19 said:
Aren't they waiting kind of late in the game to be looking for a CAP compliant unit?

Yes. The CE was suppose to order back in early May, but he became quite ill and stopped working. He called me recently to ask whether I could get the project going again as the owners were unaware of what to do. I'm helping out for free as time permits. They're all good people, so I'd like to help them out.

Just ordered a Sage....

Thanks everyone for the help...

Let's just hope our sorry goverment doesn't get in a hurry to come around a TAX broadcasters that have Sage units on order, but do not have them installed because of the backlog. Only the FCC and the Feds could come up with such a GREAT!! plan.

Tell Me. 6 weeks or probably more for units to ship! Not to get on my soapbox, but why couldn't the government have helped these smaller stations with the cost of these new units? Either a grant or no interest loans? The cost to the government would have been "pocket change"

I was very pleased to replace an old Gorman box with a new sage, I begged for a DASDEC but all the owner would spring for was the sage...oh well, its worlds better than Gorman Redlich for sure.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom