• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Google DX Map

I've been messing around with Google Earth and started using it to plot my loggings using latitude & longitude data from various online databases. I really like being able to see and visualize the locations of stations I'm receiving. In most cases you can "fly" right over the station's antenna tower using satellite imagery. From Google Earth, this data (my station loggings in this case) can be exported to a single file and easily brought into Google Maps to share with others. So here's a map of stations received here for anyone interested:

My DX Map

That is an excellent way to visually see where your dx is coming from.

I've made some maps during our little weekend dx contests we hold.
Here is my latest one done with my crystal set. Sprint Contest
The map is at the bottom of the page.

73, Dave

@ gr8oldies - Yes, it took a little time to initially set up, but now it's fairly simple and fast to maintain as I log new stations.

@ Dave - very impressive radio projects - they do look like fine works of art. It's great to see people still constructing radio projects like this, reminiscent of the early days...

kilokat7 said:
@ Dave - very impressive radio projects - they do look like fine works of art. It's great to see people still constructing radio projects like this, reminiscent of the early days...

Thank you! I don't know why I have built so many. Another one tube MW regenerator is nearly finished. It uses a 7c5
loctal tube. Look for it.

Dave

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom