• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Gary Williams

This isn't exactly timely but I just became aware that WFEZ's (Easy 93.1) brand manager, Gary Williams, was let go. This was back in June. While I realize radio has seen its fair share of people being displaced, I am quite shocked not only in the news but that no one bothered to report this decision on this board.

I have long been impressed with Mr. Williams' abilities. But it's not just my viewpoint, the listeners obviously agree in that Easy has been a ratings juggernaut for years. While I understand the tough economic times radio finds itself, one would think someone of Gary Williams' abilities and skills would still have a place somewhere in the organization.

I feel very bad. Gary's time at sister station WFLC when it was an AC was quite memorable as well. To this day, I don't think any other radio station featured the 80s like The Coast did. At this point, all I can say is I hope he finds opportunity in radio elsewhere. He knows his stuff and I wish him well.

This was reported on June 8 in All Access:

"Changes at COX MEDIA GROUP/MIAMI, as PHIL MICHAELS-TRUEBA's duties are expanded. In addition to his Dir./Branding & Programming job at Urban AC WHQT(HOT 105), he now fills the same role at sister station AC WFEZ (EASY 93.1).

TRUEBA replaces 19-year company vet GARY WILLIAMS, as his position was eliminated."

And so it goes.

Hopefully he turns up somewhere. The 80s weekend they did on Coast was always a fun listen. Even at 3 AM that guy Gnarly Charlie kept the energy up. Undoubtedly voice-tracked but kind of cool to hear someone who sounded wide awake and out for a good time even at that hour.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom