• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Future of Ellen in Boston

Now that NBC Boston is on the air, I have to say it's very possible that they may eventually pick up the ever-popular Ellen DeGeneres show. The reason why I say this is because just about every other NBC O&O in the United States carries it. Ellen was actually on WHDH at 11 am when she first started back in 2003. Then in 2006, she moved to WCVB where she has been ever since. Originally, she was on at 9 am, but then when Oprah stopped doing her show, Ellen moved to her old timeslot. There was even a rolling rally for her in Boston with duck boats. So the question is, do you think WCVB will be likely to give up the rights to Ellen to NBC Boston?

Doubt it. Hearst has a strong relationship with NBC Universal, including some strong affiliates as well as their Esquire Netwrork JV, so I don't think the Peacock would ruffle any feathers over Ellen (which is syndicated by Telepictures/WB.)

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom