• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Free Preview

From a few days ago through June 8,
as usual, minus their XL channels.

From a few days ago through June 8,
as usual, minus their XL channels.
Thanks for posting as I forgot to check and see if this was offered over the Memorial Day weekend. I wouldn't mind subscribing to this service, especially at the rates they sometimes offer, but 1) I'm generally happy with the terrestrial radio offerings in my market and 2) SiriusXM always compresses even their music channels to the point where, to me, the music stations are almost unlistenable. Tonight I scanned through a few channels to give a listen, as @Kelly A had posted a thread elsewhere on this site a few months ago about them supposedly switching to a new satellite and the audio quality having improved as a result.

To me, most music stations still sounded thin and mid-rangey will little high end or bass. A few of the music channels on their lower numbered stations did have a much better bass response than I recall in the past, but the high end wasn't there and the music just didn't sound nearly as good or as "full" as the same genres sound on terrestrial radio or from my MP3 player.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom