• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

FM Frequency of the Week: 94.1

@RStacey1990
I figure I'm about 7-8 miles North of you, 'up the grade' from St. Clair, and some 1450 feet ASL. So just the opposite reception is true here, with 94-KX Sunbury being the one heard very well on nearby car trips.
Lol -- going downhill, leaving behind the hills and mountain passes here, is another matter. Except for one lone hill on Rte 61 south of Pottsville (around Auburn), the terrain from up here sorta slides away into the Chesapeake with minimum obstacles. St. Clair is (median) 740 feet ASL, Pottsville is listed as 860 feet ASL but is known for its 'Seven Hills; neighborhoods. Which side of those hills you're listening from determines reception there. Pottsville is essentially the final populated outpost for obstruction (Deer Lake isn't even 500 feet ASL, for example. Shoemakersville is 370, Reading 300, and so forth.
A buddy of mine in Pottsville griped about not being able to hear Howard Stern's morning show off 94.1's WYSP because 94-KX was always there. His house was on the downhill side of a street that faced north. I suggested that he get some Radio shack-Job TV antenna and point it away from Sunbury rather than at Philly. Don't know if he ever did.

@RStacey1990
I figure I'm about 7-8 miles North of you, 'up the grade' from St. Clair, and some 1450 feet ASL. So just the opposite reception is true here, with 94-KX Sunbury being the one heard very well on nearby car trips.
Lol -- going downhill, leaving behind the hills and mountain passes here, is another matter. Except for one lone hill on Rte 61 south of Pottsville (around Auburn), the terrain from up here sorta slides away into the Chesapeake with minimum obstacles. St. Clair is (median) 740 feet ASL, Pottsville is listed as 860 feet ASL but is known for its 'Seven Hills; neighborhoods. Which side of those hills you're listening from determines reception there. Pottsville is essentially the final populated outpost for obstruction (Deer Lake isn't even 500 feet ASL, for example. Shoemakersville is 370, Reading 300, and so forth.
A buddy of mine in Pottsville griped about not being able to hear Howard Stern's morning show off 94.1's WYSP because 94-KX was always there. His house was on the downhill side of a street that faced north. I suggested that he get some Radio shack-Job TV antenna and point it away from Sunbury rather than at Philly. Don't know if he ever did.
Ironically enough, Q102.1 bleeds right over 101.9 too. I dont listen to t-102 anyway but it would suck if i wanted to lol i have to record air checks for people on occasion and its always a struggle to tune it in

From Pickerington, Ohio, it's W231EG "Star 94.1," newly relocated from 95.1 within the past month or so. It's the HD2 signal of 103.9 WJKR.
Before that move, I don't remember hearing on that frequency. 95.1 is now largely vacant depending on where you are in the metro, but we'll get to that spot on the dial soon enough.

Warminster PA(Philly 'burbs):

94-WIP from Philly--all-sports station.

When I was growing up, it was WYSP where they played album rock and it was that way until not long ago.

I don't understand why they now have sports stations and other talk stations on FM.

I'm old enough to remember when FM was the new place for music.

Max 94.1 is a local in Baton Rouge. I remember one time i couldnā€™t catch it for some reason (probably transmitter problems) and i heard some top40 music under all the static, which might have been Q94 from Beaumont TX.

I was referring to AM, gar. Electric floor has gotten worse over the last 10-20 years, leading to more interference to the point where a lot of them are so unlistenable, even if they are local. And teams are making it known when it comes to renewing contracts that they prefer being on FM.

That's true if you're DXing but most people listen to their local stations.
Not necessarily. Some fans intentionally seek out out-of-market stations or flagships due to habit and/or better coverage. (I was one of them.)

(And Iā€™m a DXer as well, but receiving distant signals does not take precedence and hasnā€™t been for quite some time.)

Back
Top Bottom