• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

FM Frequency of the Week: 92.7

Hartland, VT:

WKVT Brattleboro (Rewind 92.7), classic hits, with more pop than is the norm nationally.

Meriden, CT:

More IBOC hash from country WWYZ Waterbury.

Wilmington Delaware

Normally an open frequency but a frequent visitor is WGMD Rehoboth Beach DE 'The Talk of Delmarva' with conservative talk. When winds are calm, S, or E it appears but with N or W winds it is missing. A rare visitor is WDCJ in Prince Frederick MD. The weather conditions have to be exactly right to hear it rather than WGMD. A hot humid night with SW winds make it possible to hear DC area radio stations.

Tyler, TX:

A duel between distant country outlet "92.7 KIVY" Crockett, which ranges from non existent to good reception, and CHR KISY "92-7 Kiss-FM" from Paris, TX/Hugo, OK, making regular appearances here, but never with a strong signal.

Wilmington Delaware

Normally an open frequency but a frequent visitor is WGMD Rehoboth Beach DE 'The Talk of Delmarva' with conservative talk. When winds are calm, S, or E it appears but with N or W winds it is missing. A rare visitor is WDCJ in Prince Frederick MD. The weather conditions have to be exactly right to hear it rather than WGMD. A hot humid night with SW winds make it possible to hear DC area radio stations.
Wind is no factor in the propagation of radio signals.

In Pickerington, Ohio, usually WHIZ from Zanesville, Ohio. It gains rapidly in strength going east away from any suburban interference.
Even a few miles west, local LPFM WCRS takes over the frequency.

Denver, CO - Nothing; caught between 92.5 KKSE-FM and 92.9 K225BS or K225CZ KPAW Warren AFB, WY, targeting Fort Collins. (Edit: I had thought I was getting K225CZ Boulder since I detected no signs of K225BS Denver, but at least this morning, it's KPAW "The Bear", yet another iHeart cookie-cutter rock station. Not a strong signal, and not triggering stereo on some receivers;, but steady. But more on 92.9 next week.)

Former location in Oakland, CA - KREV Alameda. This station doesn't get very much attention on Radio Discussions. It just quietly perks along.

Oh, wait a minute. That's in an alternate universe.

Last edited:
Clifton, New Jersey

I get WFME-FM "Family Radio" Garden City, NY with a good signal. I have received W224CW "Radio Mirchi" Franklin Township, NJ twice. Once when WFME (then WQBU) was off the air and another time I was able to null out WFME during tropo.

DX/Flashback: On 6/22/2023, I received WEOW "92.7 WEOW FM" Key West, FL and WAVW "WAVE 92.7" Stuart, FL during e-skip. It's a hard frequency to DX because of WFME-FM.

San Francisco Peninsula & South Bay:

In the car, KREV, soon to be KEXP's new translator/repeater (whatever we'd call that).

In the house, nothing. Nada. Fuzz. White noise. Doesn't matter which radio I try.

In my memory, WLIR in Garden City/Hempstead, Lawn Guyland. The original scene of the crime. (RIP, Don.)

Here in Madison, Wisconsin, 92.7 is W224EG, a translator for WMDX-AM (formerly WTTN-AM), running progressive talk. 250 watts at 354' on the tower it shares with WXXM in Sun Prairie covers the east side of Madison well, but here on the west side, it's a faint signal on indoor radios, but better on car radio and with my rooftop antenna.

Back when I lived in Chicago (late 90s - mid 2000s), I would try to pick up WKIE (Kiss FM, later Energy 92.7) from Arlington Heights. Reception in Lakeview was not great, but I still have fond memories of listening to both Kiss and Energy. Both had great airstaff (Harry Legg, Jeffro, Luis Lopez, Melissa Forman, among others), music, station jingles & personality.

Wind is no factor in the propagation of radio signals.
Maybe wind direction has no factor but the position of High and Low pressure systems does have a factor. Why when there is a polar High to my N can I only hear Phiily stations from N Delaware while when there is a High off the coast I can hear signals from Delmarva. Weather plays a factor. I am an amateur Meteorologist and have paid very close attention to the weather since the 70's.

In Wilkes-Barre(Northeast PA), it's mostly bleedover from adjacent WMGS 92.9, no matter which radio I use. Years ago, when I had my first HD radio(it was a now-discontinued Insignia NS-HD01, a Best Buy brand), I remembered receiving a country station with a faint signal and it ID'd as "US 96.9" WINR out of Binghamton. However, doing some research over on FCCData.org and Radio-Locator, no such translator exists on this frequency.

Back
Top Bottom