• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

FM DX From Laramie, WY

The season kicked off on Saturday May 9th with a few logs.. WIZM 93.3 and WRQT 95.7 La Crosse, WI along with WCLQ 89.5 Wasau, W and KCPI 94.9 Albert Lea, MN

On Friday May 15th, the door blew pretty wide open for 90 minutes for me with loggings from Los Angeles (one of the 94.3 Que Buena simulcast stations) up to San Francisco, Sacramento, Reno, Redding and a smattering of others through central California. The highlight of May 15th was KDRT-LPFM 95.7 Davis, CA.. live show, live call with mentions of Davis and Woodland and stream match!

I'll eventually process all of my audio and post some of it

I'm using a modified Sony XDRF1HD and a Kathrein Scala YA7, 5 element yagi

You always seem to log some really impressive catches up in Laramie, SRG. I am finding your posts to be the highlight of my visits to the site. Cheers & 73, partner!

You always seem to log some really impressive catches up in Laramie, SRG. I am finding your posts to be the highlight of my visits to the site. Cheers & 73, partner!

Thanks.. ive been Dxing since i was in middle school... 25 years.. i still love it!

Had about a dozen or so logs on Sunday May 17th around lunch time spitter spattering between Seattle, Spokane, Yakima and Victoria, BC. Best log was CBUF FM 9 1.2kw max erp at 45 meters from a site in the woods northwest of Victoria, BC

He got my (near) locals KATS and KXDD. I will be posting my synopsis in a moment...

The season kicked off on Saturday May 9th with a few logs.. WIZM 93.3 and WRQT 95.7 La Crosse, WI along with WCLQ 89.5 Wasau, W and KCPI 94.9 Albert Lea, MN

On Friday May 15th, the door blew pretty wide open for 90 minutes for me with loggings from Los Angeles (one of the 94.3 Que Buena simulcast stations) up to San Francisco, Sacramento, Reno, Redding and a smattering of others through central California. The highlight of May 15th was KDRT-LPFM 95.7 Davis, CA.. live show, live call with mentions of Davis and Woodland and stream match!

I'll eventually process all of my audio and post some of it

I'm using a modified Sony XDRF1HD and a Kathrein Scala YA7, 5 element yagi

Ah, I see you got a few from my neck of the woods...

SomeRadioGuy

This is WIAA 88.7 Interlochen, MI Sat may 9th at 659pm mountain, 891 mile away

WIAA 88.7 has recently been restored to full power after a massive transmission system failure. They were off the air and at low ERP and HAAT for months.

Trivia fact of the day. Jeffrey Epstein worked as an intern at WIAA in 1967 when he was 14 years old. Interlochen Arts Academy cut all ties and returned all his donations about 10 years ago, after his first conviction. He played Bassoon in the Orchestra there.

SomeRadioGuy

This is WIAA 88.7 Interlochen, MI Sat may 9th at 659pm mountain, 891 mile away

WIAA 88.7 has recently been restored to full power after a massive transmission system failure. They were off the air and at low ERP and HAAT for months.

Trivia fact of the day. Jeffrey Epstein worked as an intern at WIAA in 1967 when he was 14 years old. Interlochen Arts Academy cut all ties and returned all his donations about 10 years ago, after his first conviction. He played Bassoon in the Orchestra there.

Interesting side notes there, SC. I heard WIAA last year from WY too I think. .and I've also heard it from NW PA near Erie

This is presumed to be KREV-FM 92.7 San Francisco, CA From Friday May 15th at 5:58pm mountain time, 930 miles away

One thing that's handy about FM DXing is when you start hearing stations from a certain area, you know where your other stations logged are coming from even if you don't get an ID or matching webstream, something I didn't get with this log.. plus searching using radio locator to narrow down stations on a certain frequency and their format helps. This station, KREV 92.7 is in the same general area of other stations I was hearing at the same time and the music I was hearing match their format.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DlGKpZj0qoDvfABSmwXPj1DOMSpYH-87/view?usp=sharing

From Thursday May 4th from Laramie, Wy.. XHONG 100.9 Ojina, Coahulia, MX. 3.9KW at -8.3 meters HAAT. 850 miles distance

Also logged XHCTO 93.1 (17.6KW) and XHTJ 94.7(25KW) Torreon, Coahulia. XHTJ is licensed across the state line to Gómez Palacio, Durango. XHCTO and XHTJ are about 1250 miles away.

There was an opening June 3rd, I have to go through that audio soon too

From Sat June 20th

KCAS 90.5 Chehalis, WA with a christian music countdown show and then Lamplighter theatre between 5:45 and 6:15pm with several decent fade ups.

KLWA 101.3 Westport/Aberdeen, WA at 5:44pm with Klove fade up, only Klove on 101.3 in this part of the country and was close to KCAS

These were the only two logs i had this particular day

I have several big eskip openings from the last few weeks whos audio I need to get through and post

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom