• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

FlashBack - Modern Ac Circa 1997

A

azenergyfan

Today on my hike I decided to break out a old modern ac tape. When I used to live in buffalo,ny I made a bunch of tapes of Alice @ 92-9. The tape I dug out today was when they first got into the format and were doing 10,000 songs in a row. What a trip to listen to a format like modern ac! Some of the liners remind me of the jack liners. They were edgy and were tuned into the modern ac listener. Listening to this tape reminded me how much I miss this format :-(

> Today on my hike I decided to break out a old modern ac
> tape. When I used to live in buffalo,ny I made a bunch of
> tapes of Alice @ 92-9. The tape I dug out today was when
> they first got into the format and were doing 10,000 songs
> in a row. What a trip to listen to a format like modern ac!
> Some of the liners remind me of the jack liners. They were
> edgy and were tuned into the modern ac listener. Listening
> to this tape reminded me how much I miss this format :-(
>
yeah, mod ac and hot ac stations from back then where 100 times better them they are today<P ID="signature">______________
http://natedoggairchecks.6x.to/
sfradio (at) gmail (dot) com</P>

> Today on my hike I decided to break out a old modern ac
> tape. When I used to live in buffalo,ny I made a bunch of
> tapes of Alice @ 92-9. The tape I dug out today was when
> they first got into the format and were doing 10,000 songs
> in a row. What a trip to listen to a format like modern ac!
> Some of the liners remind me of the jack liners. They were
> edgy and were tuned into the modern ac listener. Listening
> to this tape reminded me how much I miss this format :-(
>
I have old airchecks of Modern AC Max 95.7 in Philadelphia, PA. Every once in a while, I'll listen to them. I used to really enjoy that station, even though it only lasted from September 1997 to May 1999.

WQSH She 93.1 in Louisville was a awesome short lived Modern A/C... 2 years before that Cox Radio tried to with WHTE "Hits 105.9" in Louisville too...

WCDA (CD 106.3) in Lexington, KY was one back in 1997 as well.

I liked the modern AC format back in the 90s. It's too bad the concept really didn't catch on much. There are still modern AC's around, but they're either too much like hot AC or CHR these days. Nothing unique about them, but that's probably due to the marginal new music that's coming out that best fits the format.

Apollo7979 said:
I liked the modern AC format back in the 90s. It's too bad the concept really didn't catch on much. There are still modern AC's around, but they're either too much like hot AC or CHR these days. Nothing unique about them, but that's probably due to the marginal new music that's coming out that best fits the format.

It was a rather self-limiting format...90% altrock that wasn't too alternative with a handful of pop tunes thrown in. Worked for a couple years back when altrock was where the action was, but once that genre faded what do you do?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom