• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Finally ! KRJY SOLD

In other filings with the FCC, DIAMOND BROADCASTING is selling Gospel KRJY-A (REJOICE 1240)/SACRAMENTO to RADIO SANTISIMO SACRAMENTO, INC. for $1.39 million.

Sounds like Diamond is getting out of the radio business?

Sad to hear about this former market dominant signal and where it's at now... Not to worry, if some in the government get their way the current AM and FM spectrums will be re-tasked for industrial use anyway...

Started my career at 1240 and what has happened to the frequency over the last 3 decades is sad. But if you look at stations across the country, what's happened to the former KROY is fairly typical of the way once dominant AM stations have fared. In other words, not very well. I suppose I'm not alone in the way I feel. I do know that those of us who spent time at 1240 KROY have great memories of the way things were. I count myself as extremely fortunate to have been on the air there. Even my time at another market legend, KZAP, while fun, does not compare.

It's my understanding that 1240 has been broadcasting from a site somewhere along the South River Road or thereabouts. Does this move mean that they will again broadcast from the old green tower site at the landfill west of Business Loop 80?

An article in today's Bee (page B2) confirms the sale and states that the stations 24 hour programming will be heard from Galt to Yuba City. It seems that could indicate a signal upgrade.

jhimbo said:
An article in today's Bee (page B2) confirms the sale and states that the stations 24 hour programming will be heard from Galt to Yuba City. It seems that could indicate a signal upgrade.
I used to hear it (albeit with adjacent interference) in Stockton from the 1970's until around the time it was Liberal Talk as KSAC. Haven't heard it recently.

jhimbo said:

It will probably be back on the old tower site.

I heard an announcement on their "Afternoon Praise Party" yesterday that stated they will be going silent for a month then will be returning to the FM band. I don't remember hearing any specific time frames or new frequency mentioned, however.

jhimbo said:
I heard an announcement on their "Afternoon Praise Party" yesterday that stated they will be going silent for a month then will be returning to the FM band. I don't remember hearing any specific time frames or new frequency mentioned, however.

I suppose they could lease an a brodcaster's HD-2 channel to be simulcasted on a translator. They could be making a deal with KDEE-LP as well.

Let 1240 remain silent for now. Since the signal is so urban. The station can't be heard at night North of Sacramento. Nobody should do business with that tower. FM anyone? Besides do some research last year KRJY was denied benefits. KRJY can't rely on today's Government so the KRJY decided to sell. Hispanics? what about Chinese, Europeans, Russians and the East Indians bidding!

Michael Rivers Kramer said:
jhimbo said:

I suppose they could lease an a brodcaster's HD-2 channel to be simulcasted on a translator. They could be making a deal with KDEE-LP as well.

There's also a little known new CP for an FM at 89.9 in Buffalo Hill, CA that Diamond might be looking at. The Longley-Rice map puts the signal above 54 dbu over most of the market. It wouldn't be much of a usable signal epecially with 89.7 KLRS, but they could buy a translator in the area. As you know, Non-coms can have translators thousands of miles from their parent station.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom