• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

FCC cracking down on pirates

Tom Taylor says it's happening in all the hotbeds where pirates are found. Here in South Florida, he says the FCC has found 99.5, 100.3 and 106.3 in Miami; 90.1 in Sunrise and 100.9 in West Palm Beach. I know there is a 97.7 somewhere in Fort Lauderdale because sometimes WRMF has serious reception issues.

Anyone else hear local pirates?

There is a simple solution to the pirate problem -- if one of the big operators launched a full-power Haitian Creole station on FM 90 percent of them would go away.

It doesn't matter here. IMO, FCC confiscates the equipment & a week later or so, they resume. Somehow 96.1 constantly either avoids these raids OR rebounds like the moles in Whack-a-Mole.

I am sure that DXers are not whom the FCC looks out for, but as one myself, I wish the FCC were on pirate-alert 24/7.

BTW I think Ft. Lauderdale is the hottest of pirate hotbeds. You can scan FM and hear about a dozen operating at the same time.

cd

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom