• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Ex-employees detail shocking ‘anything goes’ culture at CBS Radio

I remember listening to Dan Taylor on WNBC and on WNSR. (I seem to recall his having a syndicated show as well.) His longevity on New York radio is rather impressive. If the allegations about him are true, however, I wonder when his objectionable off-air behavior began.

Is there anyone on this board that would agree with me that Dan should not be tried by a NYC newspaper and that he is innocent until proven guilty? I feel bad that a man with such a great career could be silenced by accusations and no one came to his defense. Maybe there are many obvious reasons for that. You would think some one would stand up, especially when you think of all the people in this industry that got into radio to be the mavericks and to be irreverent and to push the envelope. It doesn't make saying bad things good. I fear the day is here that virtually none of us could pass through the eye of the needle to remain in an industry we so love, unless we just remain silent. If he said these horrible things, well, he has to figure out a way to either admit his transgressions, apologize and attempt to survive or accept his punishment and possible firing. If he did not say these things, a man's career and life are forever changed by another person's words.

https://nypost.com/2019/10/02/judge...ex-harassment-suit-against-former-radio-unit/

CBS inc named in a lawsuit over its former Radio division. But Entercom has to deal with the fallout from its current New York Cluster when CBS ran the outlet. Specifically WFAN is named here

CBS Corp. will have to defend itself against claims of a toxic, frat house culture at its former radio division that were filed in an explosive lawsuit last year, a Brooklyn judge ruled.

Brooklyn Supreme Court Judge Pamela L. Fischer ruled that Lauren Lockwood, a former saleswoman who claims she was sexually harassed and unfairly lost her job, can add CBS Radio’s former parent company because the division was owned by CBS during the time of the alleged harassment, according to an Oct. 1 order.

Lockwood was hired in 2006, when CBS owned the company, according to the 2018 complaint. CBS hadn’t previously been named as a defendant because it had sold the radio arm to Entercom two years ago — but documents discovered by Lockwood’s team allow them to make the case that CBS could be liable, the judge ruled.

The suit also names top CBS Radio executives and WFAN host Joe Benigno, who she claimed had tried to pressure her into a threesome with his wife. After she refused, she claims, WFAN fired her.

On replacing Dan Taylor with a female talent....CBS had the chance to do so.

"....with a long-overdue full-time female personality."

"Ummm...Why a female? Are we ruling hiring based on sex? Are all men out of the running?"

WHY NOT? ALL WOMEN HAVE BEEN OUT OF THE RUNNING SINCE FOREVER.
Why DIDN'T CBS hire based on female gender finally? They're been hiring nothing BUT the MALE gender since day one. When was the LAST FULL-TIME FEMALE on-air at CBS-FM? And there are PLENTY OF talented women to fill the role in and around NYC. Give us a BREAK - LITERALLY. It's STILL a boy's club.

For The Record.....

When was the LAST FULL-TIME FEMALE on-air at CBS-FM?

It has been A WHILE since the station had a FULL-TIME female onair personality, HOWEVER....from 2007 (late that year) to the fall of 2016, there was Westchester's own Sue O'Neal, who did weekends and fill-ins (on a few occasions, iirc, Sue filled in for Dan Taylor)....

You just made my case... Fill-ins and weekends for women aren't good enough. We've been kept on the periphery for FULL-TIME employment, pay and benefits for too long. So tell me when DID a woman work full-time on air?

For The Record #2

Purrminator;6282642 So tell me when DID a woman work full-time on air?[QUOTE said:
Holly Levis 10pm-2am fall of 2004

No full-time female DJs after that

(note : not necessarily to write in ALL bold - some of us get the message..... :D )

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom