• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

ESPN's falling ratings

Even with the NBA, MLB, NHL and soon to be the NFL season why is ESPN's ratings still falling and what this means for it's future?

What falling ratings?

ESPN launched ESPN+, and they now have almost 9 million subscribers paying $5 a month. That's about $500 million a year. So that'll help.

Even with the NBA, MLB, NHL and soon to be the NFL season why is ESPN's ratings still falling and what this means for it's future?

Baseball has been underway for 2 weeks, the NBA and NHL for about one each. Wait till we've had a month of sports before making any pronouncements on the ratings. The NHL doesn't count in the ratings picture because ESPN doesn't have rights to carry games anywhere but on ESPN+.

ESPN+ and ESPNU won't have much in the fall with the minor conferences moving football to spring or cancelling, did they even plan to have much in the summer?

with the MAC cancelling the season, what will they fill Tuesday and Wednesday night's with?

Maybe more cornhole! During the past six months they've been running some strange things. We might see ESPNU used as a repeat channel.

The big challenge of course is College Game Day, which has been big for ratings and money. Part of the appeal of that show is the audience.

Maybe more cornhole! During the past six months they've been running some strange things. We might see ESPNU used as a repeat channel.

The big challenge of course is College Game Day, which has been big for ratings and money. Part of the appeal of that show is the audience.

Cornhole probably gets a better ratings than MAC football.

Or Curling! Okay I have to admit; I found myself not being able to stop watching when it was on during the Olympics.. I even DVR'd it.

I agree. It's ice bocce. Lots of strategy. Similar to billiards or shuffleboard. Cornhole is billiards with beanbags.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom